• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

I'm So Scared - Criminal Hearing Coming Around

Status
Not open for further replies.

pandora

MyPTSD Pro
i have ccriminal iinjuries hearing coming up and I can feel myself pulling away from my psychologist and she is the only one that is coming with me and it is only because she is my support that I am going. i have to go June 27, i am having extreme anxiety, vominting, not making it to the bathroom (now iesen't that a nice thing to happen to a 35 year old woman) Iam so scared. Does anyone have any advice if you ahve had to go to court and have then ask you the most personal horrible things and then you have to say it all outloud to strangers. Any advice? I am really shi@@@@@ting bricks. Iam usually pretty srtong, this seems to be taking over.

I can say losing it when fired upon with questions can work in your favor. I was in that spot but by surprise. I lost it. Had an old lady in the bathroom trying to get me to take valium of hers. I just looked at the judge and said I have to go, get out... I ran as he called a break. I came back and he said it was over. No more questions. He was so pissed, and not at me. I won a case I did not sue for. I was being sued. His stupid attorney brought up an old rape case he did not get prosecuted for. Charges, but I flipped and went in hysterical laughs in front of grand jury (btw bad move). Needless to say it never went to criminal court. Still lost as to why I reacted how I did. But the second time around I was shocked he had the nerve to bring it up and lost it.

No advice, just go in being who you are, not doped up to cover. Covering backfires. It hurts but worth it. Bec went through a similar situation so drop her a line if she does not see this.

I wish I had some advice, but I've never had to go to court for this. I guess I would just try to remember that I'd be there to get justice for myself as well as for others this person would victimize in the future (or in the past). That I wasn't to blame for what happened to me and in order to try to make things right, I'd have to tell what happened. Not fun by any means, but it's the right thing to do. Keep posting as you need support to get through this, Pandora. It is scary, but you are doing the right thing.

All the advice I can offer is keepeye contact with either the judge or your council, and if it gets to be too much tell the judge.and your council good luck. sorry thats all I can say.

Thank you everyone, still feeling sick, nauseated and I just want this to be over with for good.

Do you know how to leave yourself? I have an ability to be there, but check my soul at the door, just wondering if you focus can you leave your emotions on the back burner?? I really feel for you, do you have to face the subject/offender that harmed you? I am so sorry for what you are going through, you will feel so much better when this is all behind you.

(((Hugs))))
T.

Pandora,

Don't hide what you are going through, nor any symptoms. They need to see that. Until the date of the case, use Immodium, health drinks (make sure you get proper nutrients.) etc.. to manage it.

I know how hard and terrifying it is. Your doing great. Tell yourself that.

Don't be embarrassed about the whole "can't make it to the washroom." I've been like that for over 7 months straight now. It's just part and parcel of our PTSD when our anxiety gets overloaded.

You can do this!

Keep us updated!

bec

i have ccriminal iinjuries hearing coming up and I can feel myself pulling away from my psychologist and she is the only one that is coming with me and it is only because she is my support that I am going. i have to go June 27, i am having extreme anxiety, vominting, not making it to the bathroom (now iesen't that a nice thing to happen to a 35 year old woman) Iam so scared. Does anyone have any advice if you ahve had to go to court and have then ask you the most personal horrible things and then you have to say it all outloud to strangers. Any advice? I am really shi@@@@@ting bricks. Iam usually pretty srtong, this seems to be taking over.

Get some stuff to help your stomach. I use Bonine. It's pretty good at settling it down.

I know a little bit about that, but since I'ma guy my body and brain handles it differently. But you are in my prayers.

Sounds really stressful pandora. I know I would have trouble handling it myself. Glad your psychologist is able to attend with you. I know that helps me, to have someone along for support in a difficult situation. Anyways good luck to you, hope it goes well and keep us informed.

Thank You everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!I will keep everyone posted, I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS TO BE OVER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back