• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Undiagnosed I'm Trying To Be Positive Even Though I'm Losing It Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundailk

Not Active
I hope you all are having a good day and if you're not I understand. I am here because I can't do it alone and it took me so long to join another online support group because I once joined a social anxiety community years ago and it furthered my trauma. I also do not have access to local groups.

I am a 24 year old woman and my PTSD scares me away from making connections that could be meaningful and sometimes I can't rest very well. I have improved a lot because once upon a time I couldn't even walk out my house, but now I have a full time job and car! I am proud of how far I've come, but I still have a very long way to go.

Still there are many outburst that I have and my daily living is poor and I feel traumatized daily, by my situation that's a burden to explain and I don't want advice on it. I just someone to listen and relate. I also think I need some kickboxing lessons as well to help me with situations I've been in and currently deal with. I'm also tired of calling the suicide hotline every month, so I'm taking another step to be here.

Thank You, Sundailk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! You both made me feel better! I prepare for the worst sometimes even though I'm wise enough to know better. My PTSD just puts me on high alert and I like feeling safe, thanks.

Yes, its mainly because I need more positivity. It's so severe that I can't watch movies or TV with the slightest of drama anymore. I've been exposed to so many negative things. You've helped too, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard and validated and way to go! You have come along way. You have come to the right place. It might be hard to make connections "out there" because a lot of people don't understand what we go through. Here it is much easier because people here get it.

Yep Yep, I come here for the shear fact of knowing I can be my true self & on the rare occasion someone attempts to trample my memories & life experiences with their politically correct linguistics nonsense, I can tell them where to stick their lollipop! I don't kickbox, but I certainly do a lot of raking & shoveling of dirt when I'm angry! I'm sort of new here myself. So I also will say "Welcome"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back