Image/memory/flashback?

L

Lotta

I have had this sensation since 2 years. That something happens around my head/mouth. Its an annoying feeling but I dont panic. I associate as an sexual act even though at first I didnt experience it like that - just like an invisible image infront of my face I wanted to get rid of. Its annoying in the same way as like a fly flying around you. Lately this experience has changed shape and I do really experience that I have something in my mouth and I want to take that thing/thought away. It happens many times during the day and especially when Im not busy with other thoughts. Someone know what this is? It doesnt feel like a flashback since I dont feel much. Its not like a memory or thought. Its to close physically but still its invisible. Am I making this up?

Skywatcher

MyPTSD Pro
My guess is a body memory. I sometimes get phantom pressure on my neck or pressure on or around my shoulders. I’ve had tastes in my mouth. Smells that won’t go away. I might spend all day with this gross man smell stuck up in my nose and just pray it will go away.

ladee

MyPTSD Pro
Yes it sounds like a body memory. I've had things like that and sometimes the memory surfaces and sometimes it doesn't. I guess I've just learned to deal with the feelings associated with the memories.

It is an annoying feeling that we can't quite understand and like the explanation of a 'fly buzzing' around. That is what it feels like.

If you are in Therapy hope you talk with your T about it.

L

Lotta

Thanks for your answers. ❤ The only thing that confuse me is that I dont feel anxious or scared. They just annoy me. Feel like I dont want to share it with my T in case its sign of some other mental illness. Like that Im on my way to be schizofrenic If this is a memory and not an invented thought that got stuck in my head, shoudnt I also feel panic and high puls when it comes? Im studying at the university but I have, which I had my whole life, real problems with concentration. Today I feel completely exhausted and it feels like its a block inbetween what Im reading and my understanding of it. Is this related you think?

ladee

MyPTSD Pro
I couldn't honestly say what the connection is. But I will encourage you to talk with your T about all of this. They can't help us if they don't know what is going on.

And try not to project what your T will do or not do. You won't know unless you share with them.

How long have you been in therapy if you don't mind me asking?

Rleathen

New Here
It could also be a somatic flashback. Not all flashbacks are visual or emotional. Some flashbacks are somatic or manifest as physical sensations re-occuring at unexpected times usually as a result of a trigger.