• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Image Rehearsal Therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paloma

Confident
Has anybody had experience with this? My therapist put in a referral to the PTSD clinic for this, for me. I have those bouts of horrendous nightmares and she thinks this will help. The clinician is supposed to call me Wednesday. What little I know is that it has to do with rehearsing a different ending to a nightmare during the day so your brain will reframe the outcome while you are asleep (should you be so lucky as to get some...(LOL). Because the nature of my nightmares/terrors are so physical and I often don't remember any storyline...I wonder how useful this will be. And how do you rehearse for a dream you haven't had yet? Love to get your input.

I haven't experienced this with any therapist, but I read about it online about a month ago. I haven't had any nightmares since trying it. The nightmares I was having was always someone chasing me, shooting me, etc. Now I only have "safety dreams", which always ends up having the same person, which I never thought of - it just happened to be that way, probably because I feel safe around him - can't really say that about other people in my life.

It's been awhile since you posted this, has it been working (if you have tried it since posting)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back