• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Image Upload Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
I am aware of an issue with image uploading for those with such permissions. The problem is that the issue I believe is wrapped in some obscure setting that has nothing to do with image uploads, but is actually causing the issue due to a glitch between settings used.

It will take time, and luck, to find the exact issue.

Most images under 1Mb seem to be ok... phones seem to work better than desktops. Like I said... a glitch is the likely problem, which takes a lot of fault finding time.

Whilst shifting the combat forum to its own site, I discovered the problematic setting that affected image uploading. The problem though, is that after adjusting that setting on this server, it didn't fix the issue. So there is something else still at play, unfortunately.

Right now, I am leaving it as is, because playing around with server options becomes a dangerous game. Consequences in changing server settings sometimes are not known for weeks.

What I'm doing is letting the combat site run on its new server with settings, that all work and allow image uploading and such. The server setup is tweaked based on a lot of sideline testing that happens, and right now is running optimally, loading fast, so forth. Therefore, if I see no issues with the combat setup, I will replicate this site onto that setup upon another server in the near future.

There were issues trying to segregate the two sites on the same server. That problem is fixed though now, with each being alone on different servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back