1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Imtt (image transformation therapy)

Discussion in 'Treatment & Therapy' started by Medic72, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Medic72

Medic72 I'm a VIP

Has anyone had any experience with ImTT or Image Transformation Therapy?

My therapist has just been certified and tried it on me today to help to release the pain associated with my husband's death. I'm a little skeptical because it was guided imagery coupled with an almost a progressive relaxation technique using breathing but I can see how it would work simply because I could feel the areas of the brain we were actually activating during the session.

I theorized that it was activating the disturbing memory to an extent and stimulating the areas of the brain in a calm normal fashion in an attempt to re-establish normal levels of activation while the memory was "pulled out of it's drawer" for lack of a better explanation even though I wasn't directly conscious of the image itself. It was sort of EMDR-ish.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has undergone this treatment for their trauma, whether it was helpful and if anyone knows of any scientific studies that may exist about it.

Thanks.

Ncu32582, Heather and Ronin like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. littleoc

littleoc Making everywhere I go a better place Premium Member Donated

I hadn't heard of it before.

It's been a while since you posted, this, though -- did it do any good for you long term?

It sounds sort of like EMDR but I can see where you were skeptical

4. Medic72

Medic72 I'm a VIP

I know, it’s apparent that no one has either heard of it or tried it. The only information I can find on it has TM stamps everywhere and no actual scientific studies proving/disproving it’s efficacy.

It did work long term on the one image relating to my husband’s suicide that was bothering me but the only caveat to this is that the image wasn’t a real life experience, it was an imaginary thing my mind created.

I’ve never tried the therapy on my real witnessed trauma memories. Still haven’t seen any scientific data and obviously no one else has taken this supposed miracle cure, so I remain skeptical.

littleoc likes this.
  5. Ncu32582

Ncu32582 New Member

I have been doing Mitt since February. I feel like a new person. Not sure of the long term, like you mentioned, but my gut tells me it will last. This treatment has been a miracle for me

6. i had done emdr therapy for 5 years with some relief. I started the IMTT therapy last year and have made significant and marked strides in my recovery. It is a newer therapy and a small amount of therapists are utilizing it yet. I know some extensive studies are currently being done on it in the US and Europe so hopefully more information will come out of that.