• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

DID Insiders return

Status
Not open for further replies.

whiteraven

MyPTSD Pro
The prefixes seem to have disappeared in this forum. Or they disappeared a long time ago, and I just never noticed. LOL

So...it would seem that a couple of my insiders are back. Or they were. It's been ages since I have been aware of them. The last two weeks have been dreadful, and my five-year-old started talking/crying about needed a stuffed animal to hold. This happened before, a long time ago. And then she wouldn't stop crying. And I had already been crying, so we were a mess.

I got a new stuffed dog (am I the only over-60-year-old that has tons of stuffed animals in their house?), and now she's gone again, or at least quiet.

Another older one, one who is usually angry and hostile and takes no sh*t, appeared again early last week. She decided I'm not expressing my anger enough, so she did it for me.

Although both felt very separate from me, they also felt more a part of me, if that makes sense. Like, I didn't feel horribly out of control or completely freaked out that someone else would find out. That's probably a good thing.

Things have settled down considerably from last week, so everything is back to "normal." Whatver that means.

The last two weeks have been dreadful, and my five-year-old started talking/crying about needed a stuffed animal to hold.
Just to clarify, were the last 2 weeks dreadful because your insiders came back or were your insiders triggered by having 2 dreadful weeks?

I got a new stuffed dog (am I the only over-60-year-old that has tons of stuffed animals in their house?), and now she's gone again, or at least quiet.
Aw I love this!! Sounds like you took care of her so she could calm back down.

Another older one, one who is usually angry and hostile and takes no sh*t, appeared again early last week. She decided I'm not expressing my anger enough, so she did it for me.
I have a part similar to this…she’s more about having fun, doing whatever she wants, and she gets into mischief, after which I find myself with a huge mess to clean up.

Although both felt very separate from me, they also felt more a part of me, if that makes sense. Like, I didn't feel horribly out of control or completely freaked out that someone else would find out. That's probably a good thing.
I can very much relate to this. For me, I believe the parts feeling more a part of me is related to the work I’ve been doing in therapy (cooperation between parts instead of conflict or suppression). I am glad you didn’t feel horribly out of control! It can be scary when that happens.

Anyways…may I ask how long your insiders have been gone for?

I find my parts engage in a lot more activity during periods of stress. I hope you are feeling more calm now.

Just to clarify, were the last 2 weeks dreadful because your insiders came back or were your insiders triggered by having 2 dreadful weeks?
Oh, I think my insiders were triggered. They were only around for a couple of days and really didn't make anything worse.
I have a part similar to this…she’s more about having fun, doing whatever she wants, and she gets into mischief, after which I find myself with a huge mess to clean up.
Yeah, I have one of those!
Anyways…may I ask how long your insiders have been gone for?
Hm...long time. Like a few years?
I find my parts engage in a lot more activity during periods of stress. I hope you are feeling more calm now
Thanks, I am feeling better. This was an especially stressful time, so I do think that's why they were more active!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back