• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Insomnia Yet Again...rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle3

MyPTSD Pro
So, I haven't really slept much since Tuesday. That's the day I slept all day, having dreams where my unconscious was talking to me (according to T). I think I'm triggered the f*ck out. I'm going on, like, 4 hours of sleep, and am on my second beer, so sorry if I start rambling.

I'm residing in my dad's office in my parents' house. Have been here for about 4 months now. The problem is, this house triggers me very badly because of a situation that happened over a span of 2 years, about 15 years ago. My parents are ok, but mom especially triggers a lot of my issues concerning a Christian cult I grew up in...she's still enamored with it, but I got out. My mom does not understand the harm of what she's studying, but it seems to keep her happy, so I don't push too much.

I lost my job about 2 months ago, and lost my vehicle insurance soon after that simply because I can't afford it anymore. So now I'm literally stuck in a highly triggering environment. I can't find any work in this area that I can actually do, and every time I ask my parents to take me to an appointment (they don't want me driving, I'm not on the list of approved drivers) I get a lot of attitude, general kvetching, and gladhanding from person to person. Its gotten to where I feel like such a burden to everyone here, and I've still managed to pay almost all my bills myself!

What makes this situation even worse is the bug infestation. I hate bugs, I'm a fastidious housekeeper, but my mother is not. The whole house is infested with bedbugs, small roaches, and other creepy-crawlies that find themselves inside through one of the myriad holes in the house. I've managed to keep the office mostly bug-free, but bedbugs have taken up residence in my netbook keyboard, and it creeps me out. Tonight, I had finally almost managed to talk my brain into slowing down enough to sleep (at 2 in the am) when I felt something stab my face....a long, hard-shelled bug with pincers was crawling near my EYE!!!! I freaked out, got up and killed it, but can't sleep again...I hate this place, I need to find a way out of here!

T says I need out so I can get some real sleep. He says I can't make any progress if I can't sleep, and I agree with him. I want out so badly!! But need to work enough to support myself, and I don't see that happening anytime soon. O well. If there is one thing I learned well in that cult, its how to long endure the unendurable. At least this time I have alcohol, and if need be, meds to help me sleep. Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back