Intense Anxiety around Presenting/Speaking in Front of People

jamesr83

New Here
To the point where I'm just required to join in on a webinar in a month (not even the main person/main focus), and I'm already now having anxiety day and night about it.

What's helped a little bit is guided meditations on acceptance, but I'd love to hear if anyone else has experience.

I've also thought about trying to join some web/zoom type meetings where I can speak but it's optional, like a group thing.. to slowly practice.

I just hate feeling this way.

RussellSue

MyPTSD Pro
To the point where I'm just required to join in on a webinar in a month (not even the main person/main focus), and I'm already now having anxiety day and night about it.

What's helped a little bit is guided meditations on acceptance, but I'd love to hear if anyone else has experience.

I've also thought about trying to join some web/zoom type meetings where I can speak but it's optional, like a group thing.. to slowly practice.

I just hate feeling this way.

I have had a terrible time with this and Zoom and Skype have not really been helpful for me regarding social anxiety, either, because I really feel more focused on when I have a camera in my face than I do in person, no matter how many other people are at the meeting. It all comes back to being the center of attention -- I have terrible stage fright and fear of public speaking. I'm just too self-conscious and afraid of embarrassing myself to be at ease with all of this.

One of my friends has helped me. I was never one to use video chat but when she found out how much I was struggling with anxiety pertaining to videoconferencing, she offered to start having our phone calls on Zoom. I didn't want to at first but I am glad I did. I still have a long way to go with this but it has helped.

Last edited:

Lionheart

Sponsor
I am sorry that you are struggling with public speaking, I have gone through the same thing to the point of having to change a college course so that I could avoid having to do it. I wish I had some good advice, but maybe one of the other members will share their experiences and it will help you. That is my hope for you.