• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Is it a personal journey! childhood trauma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artist

New Here
I apologize in advance for what may be perceived as a negative attitude at the overall inability of humanity to discover a means by which a sufferer of PTSD may move past the diagnosis and into the richness of life that can be experienced beyond the affects of early (or later) trauma. My opinions are my own too. My trauma experiences go back to before I can remember and then more which I can remember.
I'm within the spectrum of causes: Chronic parental neglect, emotional and physical abuse, sexual abuse. I have the intellectual understanding of all of it, and I have felt deeply the pain and intense feelings stored in my body from these experiences in my efforts to move the trauma out of my emotional cache. I've done everything from psychotherapy to meditation and Eastern Wisdom Practices, starting back in my late twenties.
I'm not here to complain or accept some inevitability of a condition that perhaps is not as well understood in it's treatment as it could be. I think it can be very individual and require a lifelong dedication to moving past it. Yet I also think it is a doorway to personal growth and finding a deeper experience to life- I didn't always see trauma that way.
I'm here to share my experience with what I have done in my efforts to move past it. I'm 60 and am currently dealing with chronic depression associated with the processing of these early traumatic experiences. I have tried many types of non-drug and drug therapies including Anti-depressant therapy, which I do not advocate based on my own experiences on the drugs and the dysfunctions they caused me; that coupled with a pharmaceutical industry who could genuinely care less about helping because their efforts are wholly profit driven. My view on Anti-D's is also associated with reading the experiences of people who unknowingly got on them and are now trying desperately to come off them. But enough of that I'm not waving that flag here in introductions ( I have a lot to share and caution there.) My journey is about moving beyond the traumas without drug therapy going on three years now.
I hope that I may contribute something meaningful to this group and may learn from those here who share their experiences.
Thanks to the moderators and posters!
Peace on your Path!
Mark

I think you'll find like minds here, who have been through many of the same things as you have been. Welcome! :)

Welcome @Artist, looking forward to reading more from you. I, too, have had PTSD as long as I can remember. My body is paying the price of not always having money for therapy and alternative ways to reduce stress... I feel, for the most part, I am in the 'maintenance' stage of this very long 'personal' journey. The few upsets I've had recently, the peer support i get here, gets me to resolution much faster...

I am on meds for pain and anxiety... Have been in the process of cutting back on the anti-d's... but have been given something for the Fibro that may take care of many things... just waiting to see... So congrats that you have been med free for three years.. !!!

There are many articles here on the forum about PTSD, and many discussions and threads, just about the technicalities of it... but this is a beautiful place for peer support, people from all over the world, lots of experience, and people in all stages of recovery on their healing path.

I am also in my 60's, and I feel some things have settled down simply because I am older and see the world and myself different... I do feel each of us have a purpose... and this will make us grow and experience things that helps us to connect to many people on many levels.. not just PTSD....

Glad you found us... hope you find what you need here, and we are interested in your journey.. hope to see you around...

Welcome!
I wanted to add, even if you find people that don't necessarily agree 100%, it's a good space.
Personally meds were a godsend for me, but I'm glad you've found what works for you and I respect the heck out of that.
Thanks for posting!

Hi and Welcome to the forum.
I hope you find the information on here helpful and the people supportive - I know I have!
Regards, Lucy x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back