• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

is this derealization? if not, than what could it be? anyone else have the same symptoms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hope4us

Policy Enforcement
i think last night was one of my most intense derealization episodes in my life. i felt like i was in a dream, i was dizzy, i couldnt see straight, i felt like i didnt have complete control over my actions, the world seemed less real, i felt less real. i couldnt focus on anything. but i dont undersand why it happened last night? nothing crazy happpened other than normal regular occurrances that stress me out. but im always stressed about everything and anything. i didnt feel normal until after i fell asleep, when i woke up about 5 hours later i felt like myself again,. do i just need to fall asleep and wake up in order to come out of it?

last week i remember waking up one time and i felt like i was in a dream for a while. can you wake up with derealization? would i have had to fall asleep with derealization? i recall acouple times when i dissociated and i had to fall asleep and than when i woke up hours later i felt like myself again, i had come out of it. is it normal for people who dissociate to "wake up" with it sometimes, and to not come out of it until they fall asleep and wake up again? how does sleeping change it?

i felt like i was in a dream, i was dizzy, i couldnt see straight, i felt like i didnt have complete control over my actions, the world seemed less real, i felt less real
I think you're describing dissociation. Derealization has a slightly narrower scope - you'll feel real, but the world will seem un-real. Disorientation can go along with this, but generally not a sense that you don't have control over your actions.

You've got a lot of threads going about dissociation right now - it seems you're looking for answers. While folks on this forum can definitely contribute their own knowledge and experience - we're not clinicians or doctors. I'd recommend making sure you see a professional to get some help finding the answers you're looking for.

I'm going to lock this thread now. If you have more questions about dissociation, feel free to continue that dialogue in one of your other threads - thanks. Questions, you can ask them via contact us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back