Sufferer Isolated from the world — Need to know I'm not alone

Hi everyone. Google led me in this direction so I thought I'd give it a try. I was diagnosed with C-PTSD about two years ago and ever since, I've practically become a hermit. I have no friends, no family — nobody at all. To be fair, I've done this to myself. I've shut myself off from the world because I'm afraid. Of everyone and everything. And the anxiety has just become unbearable. I spend every moment of every day alone. I realize I need to do everything in my power to help myself. I need a support system. Badly. Would it be at all possible to talk to people regularly on here or offline? It would just be nice to have someone to talk to and lean on...

MrMoonlight

MyPTSD Pro
I've been in a similar situation...20 years hiding in a room. This site pointed me in the right direction and supported me all the way. I'm just starting to get out. I got an assessment from a psychiatrist...that was my starting block. Now I'm 5years in therapy and doing better.

I hope you find your way. Btw...I'm from your neck of the woods.

caroline_13

Confident
Hi everyone. Google led me in this direction so I thought I'd give it a try. I was diagnosed with C-PTSD about two years ago and ever since, I've practically become a hermit. I have no friends, no family — nobody at all. To be fair, I've done this to myself. I've shut myself off from the world because I'm afraid. Of everyone and everything. And the anxiety has just become unbearable. I spend every moment of every day alone. I realize I need to do everything in my power to help myself. I need a support system. Badly. Would it be at all possible to talk to people regularly on here or offline? It would just be nice to have someone to talk to and lean on...
Yes. We are here; now you're not always alone.

I'd also recommend a therapist, if you have the means for it. Or, start thinking about it, someday.