• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

isolating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theasylumsystem

Confident
I keep cutting off my friends. Something about me is just wrong. I don't know why good people want to hang out with me. so I'm just gonna disappear from their lives. I don't think any of them understand how this is gonna make their lives easier. I'm so tired of feeling like this. I wish I never had to be around people. I wish I didn't make friends in the first place. It's only a matter of time until I lose them all anyway. Might as well leave them on my terms.

What does cutting them off look like? (I'm wondering if there are any small behaviors you can start to change, that would help you to shift your perspective).
We all have a common discord server we use. This is the second time I've left it. I just want to leave them all alone. there's no sense in trying to drag them down with me as my mental health just continues to deteriorate.

there's no sense in trying to drag them down with me as my mental health just continues to deteriorate.
Well, that's not your decision to make. They can keep themselves from getting dragged down.

If you want to leave them, then do it because you genuinely don't want to be with them, not to "spare them" - that's just a reason you're inventing, in order to punish yourself.

The question for you is, do you want help getting up and out of this downward spiral? If you do, then those connections are going to be very helpful. They aren't going to be the whole solution - you have to do the work, not them - but you choosing to isolate yourself is only going to make your illness worse, not better.

Well, that's not your decision to make. They can keep themselves from getting dragged down.

If you want to leave them, then do it because you genuinely don't want to be with them, not to "spare them" - that's just a reason you're inventing, in order to punish yourself.

The question for you is, do you want help getting up and out of this downward spiral? If you do, then those connections are going to be very helpful. They aren't going to be the whole solution - you have to do the work, not them - but you choosing to isolate yourself is only going to make your illness worse, not better.
thank you i really appreciate hearing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back