• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Isolation After Trauma

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamachick

MyPTSD Pro
I was diagnosed with ptsd by a professional in 1980. While there is no cure, I would say I recovered 90%. There were few symptoms and triggers. I managed my life. I was very functional. Around 8 years ago, many things happened. First, I began being stalked related to my work. My nephew was brutally murdered, grandaughter was molested. I got right into therapy and worked on issues-not sure they were even all PTSD related. In 2006, I had a horrible fall on a wet floor in a store. I broke bones, collapsed lung, was unconscious and had a brain injury. I became depressed and anxious. Looking back-I was grieving, which I still have not resolved. I grieve for the life I had. Two years ago, a police officer on duty-thought I was someone else( who he had arrested and was charged with resisting him, battery etc), He assaulted and arrested me. All charges dropped and expunged of course. He physically injured me, drug me through magistrate area with my pajamas falling off. Since that time, a professional diagnosed me with ptsd. What I dont understand is why I cant recover. I have improved. However, I isolate, cant work, afraid to go to gym or anywhere. I cant explain where time goes. I prefer computer and tv over people. Before, I never watched tv and used computer only as tool. I still care about people, I read about friends on facebook, just little or no contact. Symptoms are worse from one incident than a lifetime of incidents. I dont understand. Anybody else experience anything like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back