1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

It’s not mine anymore

Discussion in 'Employment, Education & Disability' started by FauxLiz, Apr 26, 2018.

1. FauxLiz

FauxLiz Well-Known Member Premium Member Donated

I didn’t lose my job, I know exactly where it is. I know exactly how to do and I do it well but it’s not my job anymore.

I thought I was okay with this, I thought I understood that the separation agreement was the best thing for both sides. But I was wrong I know I can’t work right now and would never be able to stay healthy if I went back there but for all the logic in the world right now I just hurt. I didn’t lose my job my symptoms took it from me .

I don’t know if any of this makes sense. I thought I was okay that this means I can move on to better things but for tonight at least this hurts.

Ronin, Sietz, Faith Andrews and 2 others like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Justmehere

Justmehere Defying the odds Moderator Premium Member

:hug: I’m sorry for this loss.

AnD likes this.
  4. Faith Andrews

Faith Andrews My talent: pretending that I'm okay everyday Premium Member Donated

@FauxLiz Just wanted you to know I’ve been dealing with this as well and I hurt with you.

Your new job for now is to focus on loving yourself. I struggle with this daily too though.

5. Suzetig

Suzetig Still the Staff Kitteh... Moderator Sponsor $100+

It makes perfect sense and is probably one of many losses you’ve had to PTSD. Take some time out to grieve this loss.

FauxLiz and Faith Andrews like this.