• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

It is that time of the year again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EveHarrington

MyPTSD Pro
I stopped believing over the last year or so, but don’t really describe myself with any label. I see Christmas as a Hallmark holiday. Could you make some sort of alternate plans? Something that would get you out of having to do the social kinds of things?

Mod edit: This post was a reply to another post that has since been moved. This is the question being replied to:
Chiqui said:
The last two years have been my very best Christmas ever, because of the pandemic situation. No visitors, no happiness for some new born long time ago, no decorations...
But this year... I am already feeling afraid and drawing the worse consequences for me. It makes my cptsd symptoms getting ready to come and have a party over my bones.
What about you? What does help you to go through? I have already an stiff neck 🤦‍♀️

Last edited by a moderator:
I like some people, my chosen one's and they have chosen me.
Intimate, I love the lights. I want the aliens to see me.
No gifts necessary. A nice get together.
I believe in evolution. There is no god, only those that you give that right!
I declare Christmas lights for ALL. It's only a word.

I stopped believing over the last year or so, but don’t really describe myself with any label. I see Christmas as a Hallmark holiday. Could you make some sort of alternate plans? Something that would get you out of having to do the social kinds of things?
Actually, I can't think right now of any alternative plans. Sort of frozen time.
I used to go abroad, somewhere without Christmas celebrations. But no an option now.

somewhere in the 80's, with much support from my therapy network, i declared december to "therapy month." december is one long trauma anniversary for me. i start having ptsd flashbacks to what's REALLY in santa's lap with the first flash of those cartoon cheeks. these days, therapy month starts in october. sigh. . .

i attend extra support group meetings and spend extra time with my peer supporters during therapy month.
i prefer grinch, thank you kindly. he has waaaaay cooler toys than scrooge, but ? ? ? happy bah humbug, y'all.

Could you make some sort of alternate plans? Something that would get you out of having to do the social kinds of things?
I just don't do the social things. "No" works really well for me. I stay home, watch TV, play with my cats.

This year, I'm leading a pagan group, and we are having a winter solstice thing. That's the extent of my social obligations, and since I'm fully in charge of it, I'll probably not engage in the social part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back