• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

It's been a rough week and it's starting to affect me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing intensely bad on it's own, but just one of those weeks where something bad or intense happens every day. Had to resolve a hard situation that took the first 3 days of the week, than had really physically tiring day, and then I thought I'll get rest...but now some health issues hit. And the friend I usually talk to about this is having a bout of depression herself. I had a really rough summer around moving but after some therapy and restarting medication and making lifestyle changes it felt like things are stabilizing. And this week it's starting to feel like everything I touch crumbles. For a moment I was even taking it well...I was tired, but happy I handled the situation at the beginning of the week, took some time for myself to rest, set goals. And today it's one thing after another and suddenly I'm in bed under a blanket feeling like I need something good to happen.

I'm sorry you are feeling that way!

Not fun, I know. It does seem life comes at us in waves for better or worse. Sounds like you have had a lot on your plate. In my experience I suddenly go "tilt" but looking back I realize how much I was already carrying, it is no wonder I feel tired, depressed etc.

I am really hard on myself for just stopping...taking a break. But I find the duration is shorter if I just let it be sometimes. I happened to crawl into bed early and felt guilty but then I figured, who cares no one will know, LOL. And I made plans for the next day and got a solid night's sleep and waking up it just felt like a better day.

I struggle with lack of support/people so I have been watching some funny shows in the evening. It helps. And getting in a chuckle before bed can't hurt. :-)

And I like to keep to a self imposed schedule of activities, even go to the grocery. walk. have coffee in public place etc. Getting out of my head with a distraction is also needed sometimes.

Wishing you a cozy evening and a nice weekend,

Whirlwind

Thank you! I ended up sleeping for enough hours but waking all the time, dreamed anything from queens and royal court celebrating Halloween in a Palace to smuggling and human trafficing...not a calm night. Watched many movies that I thought would calm me and ended up triggering a flashback(and that is something since it's maybe the second one at all I've had in 6 months.) and that was rough. Nevertheless woke up calmer. Not sure if better, but calmer.

And this weekend as any other I have ballet class each day, which will surely help. And I have shelves being put in my room tomorrow for which I need to open space and clean the floor around, etc. ...so yeah, it will be nice and full weekend. It was a rough week and I am definitely not fine, but... a tiny bit better, I guess. Now I'm trying to do my best to shake off last night's dreams so I can get to all the organizing I need to finish.

Thank you for the warm message, it helped a bit! Hope you have a lovely weekend too!

@hithere @Muttly Thank you for asking! It's honestly a rough month. Maybe my mental state affected my immune system/physical health. I ended up going to therapy etc. and slowly stabilizing in terms of mental health. But at the same time, last week I hit a really nasty flu for 5-6 days. Just got better from that and then this weekend I got really bad back issues(sciatica nerve related) and now I need to spend some time each day working on my back(pain meds, stretches, hot baths etc.) so I can be functional. Which all sounds hard, and it is... BUT my mental health has been getting somewhat stable so I've been able to somewhat cope with all these issues. Getting enough work right now, finally, and steady work/income for a first time in months does help the situation too. So yeah. It will be a rough month, clearly, but, I'm doing what I can to keep it under control and I think I'm starting to get better at it.

Just got better from that and then this weekend I got really bad back issues(sciatica nerve related) and now I need to spend some time each day working on my back(

@SeekingAfrica Hope you feel better?
Had a disc prolapse in 8/2019...the only thing which really stabalized the back was Yoga and Osteopathy. You definitely know these poses as you already mentioned that you Do yoga. Cat pose and extremely quick belly breathing plus Cobra. Was forced to Do everyday and my Back issues were gone...
Good wishes to you.

@SeekingAfrica Hope you feel better?
Had a disc prolapse in 8/2019...the only thing which really stabalized the back was Yoga and Osteopathy. You definitely know these poses as you already mentioned that you Do yoga. Cat pose and extremely quick belly breathing plus Cobra. Was forced to Do everyday and my Back issues were gone...
Good wishes to you.
Yup, I know these. My back stabilized a bit(after rest, heat patch and lots of ibuprofen) and then yesterday it got bad again... Thank God I can work from my bed. I am trying to see what I can do about it but if it continues I may need to go for someone to check it out or do picture of it for anything misplaced/pinched etc...

I hope you are feeling better and pain has reduced. Physical pain really aggravates my PTSd also. I know how nerve pain is. My disc extrusion has improved. Slow stretching even for few seconds helps. Our muscles tighten up to protect our back..but that tightness adda pressure to nerves.

Happy New Year and wish all reduced pains and increase solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back