• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Its was not your fault

I’m sure you mean well with this. But I’ve always found buzz phrases like this to be disingenuous and kind of dismissive in a toxically positive way. I truly don’t think you mean it that way. But unfortunately, those kind of phrases never even begin to touch on the very real, deep narratives inside our brains.

I’m sure you mean well with this. But I’ve always found buzz phrases like this to be disingenuous and kind of dismissive in a toxically positive way. I truly don’t think you mean it that way. But unfortunately, those kind of phrases never even begin to touch on the very real, deep narratives inside our brains.
So true ! Deep narratives .
Brilliant feedback- not into buzz phrases. Cliches and platitudes also NOT my vibe.
As you kindly observed-meant well only.

I think @Friday is spot on, if I could I would like it a 1000x . A Veteran's manual I used said Apportion of Blame- that was critical for me I believe. (Though I know you meant well @Brumbyinthesunshine).

Just to say, I know many of us, well myself anyway, carry a lot of blame and guilt, some is warranted, some is distorted, and self-hatred. Even affirmations make my skin crawl. But logic- explanation- someone pointing out realities I never considered- they have made dents for which I am very grateful. Including ones in the moment- in the moment to be told it's not your fault is the Biggest Gift. All those dents are lasting and huge. (In a good way).

Last edited:
Back