1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Job applications and depression

Discussion in 'Employment, Education & Disability' started by SeekingAfrica, May 16, 2018 at 3:43 PM.

1. SeekingAfrica

SeekingAfrica Well-Known Member

I wonder if anyone has any advice on getting better on this. I've been applying both for clients/projects and also local jobs. I still don't have anything(well, it's harder as I need the job to be in English, I'm not native where I am) although I've been through some interviews. Obviously, I'll pull through this somehow, I'm still here...

But I feel like the constant money issues in the meantime are making me more depressed(I've been depressed before unrelated to this, this is just contributing), and then being depressed is affecting my applications(maybe?). I'm not sure if not having gotten anything yet might mean that I haven't done the best I can do at those interviews because I've been so low...But the longer I'm applying the more it feels like I'll be applying forever and I can't get a job whatsoever. And every month it's harder and harder to manage bills. For the last 6 months I haven't had anything steady so each month I've been wondering if I'll manage to pay things forward and somehow I have. But that is obviously not unlimited and one day that won't be the case.

I've cut spending as much as I can and so on, I've sold some things, did some small odd jobs to get by. I keep looking for jobs, I just feel so discouraged! I don't know, I don't feel like lack of knowledge is my problem, more like losing faith with time. I am hoping someone might have a positive story of a similar kind? I'm starting to forget what it feels to be able to pay your bills and food and have money left. Or not to feel like any bill is a crisis...I need to remember that it's possible to get through this...

Ronin likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. ladee

ladee All the hard work has been worth it ! Premium Member

I have been in the place you are in a few times. And after awhile, just the rejection gets depressing. So if we already are having issues with depression it just seems to get worse.. Are there any employment agencies around where you are that can help find jobs. Or have you signed up with any of the online job finder sites?

It's hard I know, especially if you are getting down to the last of your savings... hope you find something soon. No other suggestions other than hold on...

SeekingAfrica likes this.
Show Sidebar