• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Job ideas for former healthcare workers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaplePancake

Learning
I know a lot of healthcare workers quit during the pandemic. Are any of you on this board? Do you have suggestions on what type of things someone formerly in healthcare may be good at

my strengths are listening and paying close attention to people. I also have a fairly good attitude. I am willing to learn.

weaknesses are certain People trigger bad anxiety in me and I try to minimize contact with them

Would healthcare outside of a healthcare setting help? As there are tons of organizations which want someone with medical training on hand, even though you may not be called on to use your training (outside of ordering/stocking the infirmary &/or your ambo bag). Some of the below are places I’ve wrangled a double paycheck from (LOVE!), others are just things I know of from friends.

- Archeological Digs (especially as 90% of the people there are students paying to be there, having a nurse/paramedic/etc. to look after their kids (often 300mi from anywhere or even in city digs someone from “home” they trust to liaise with local med in event of an emergency), is a huge selling point to parents.
- Semesters at Sea (ditto above)
- Oil Rigs / Mines / Forestry
- Adventure Holidays Staff (like NatGeoSoc or hiking or riding or photo safari) -&/or- NGO holidays (like habitat for humanity)
- Camps
- Special Events (either for the event itself, or the weeks/months leading up to it (like marathons, musical tours, political campaigns, etc.)
- Better hotels all have in-house medical, in addition to relationships with top docs who are in practice elsewhere.

Or healthcare adjacent ?

- Research Teams
- Office Manager or Lab Tech for any hard sciences team
- Academia
- Med Admin
- Insurance (rep for -or- advocate against)
- Big Pharma

Or are you looking for something totally different ?

- Admin (pick an industry, any industry, they all have freaking paperwork)
- Going back to school, building on your prior education, to go in a totally different direction.
- Anything you’re passionate about, turned into paid employment.

I know a lot of healthcare workers quit during the pandemic. Are any of you on this board? Do you have suggestions on what type of things someone formerly in healthcare may be good at

my strengths are listening and paying close attention to people. I also have a fairly good attitude. I am willing to learn.

weaknesses are certain People trigger bad anxiety in me and I try to minimize contact with them
Why kind of healthcare worker are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back