• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Just a Friendly Reminder on the Editorial Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 93

[DLMURL]http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread5095.html[/DLMURL]

Just a brief reminder for everyone to please read this so we do not have to keep changing titles (new member in intros I get). We are really not trying to be anal but keep things neat and looking nice. Thanks guys :)

With new people always registering daily, thought I'd make easily visible veiled's post on Editorial Policy.

In it there is, amony other notes, mention about how to and how not to quote other people; This one I've noticed is a biggie on the forum, often leaving it necessary for editors to correct and edit the quote. I've made these same mistakes myself with quotes, especially when new, and I think I've learned and remember. I hope.

Oh' and another thing it took me time to learn, and did through one of bec's post, was how to prevent tags or formatting code to appear in posts:

If we've typed our text into any word or publishing software other than notepad, well then notepad is one sure place that it can all be pasted and then copied/cut from and the pasted into the forums posting window and without any tags/formatting later appearing for editors to remove.

I think it was last week that I discovered that "removed tags" meant "removed formatting, up until then I wondered what the heck were these tags.

Though it was sometime back that I learned how to use the notepad for this purpose, however up until then it use to drive me nuts, quickly deleting formatting, in those minutes we have to edit our own posts.

Another note and from experience of being one of those people that don't read instructions/direc. first. I'm embarrassed to say, but at age 40, I'm learning, it's probably best to do so ASAP, ...sooner rather than later..., as it saves ourselves, and in relation to the forum, others-(forum editors and adminis.) confusion, frustration and added aggravations; Which all equals stress.

Having said this, I've set my intention and goal in the next few wks. to review what I have read, and intend to read much which I'm yet to have read, and in these areas. It won't be fun, I know this already, and I'll have to force myself to concentrate, but it's the least I can do. And, I wish I had been properly fit and disciplined to have done this sooner. Just my regret added into all of this.

:smile: Anyhow, hope everyone is giving life their all, trying their very best and remembering to slow down, relax and take it real easy sometimes.

Hope

You are trying to get a Christmas card out of us aren't you LOL... Really thanks, Hope. You are right it does add to stress and why we do a lot of "rotating shifts" but we love to do it for everyone to keep it running smoothly. Thanks so much for the bump. You are certainly on my good side right now!

I really enjoyed that laugh I just had, about the Christmas Card and all, Thx.

.....O' my gosh, I'm still smiling and giggling......that was really funny!

You know what veiled, I just read your post again, and even your last sentence is cracking me up laughing. (LMAO)

I'm thinking from what you said, "You're really on my good side right now! ....and, I'm hearing "right now" loudly and it's making me (LMAO), all the more.

Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back