• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Just a Newbie - Law Enforcement Most Of My Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portabella

MyPTSD Pro
Hello, My name is Theresa/Portabella. I live in Colorado. I know I have PTSD, several times physicians have wanted me to take the initial interview at Mental Health. Nope. I have been dealing with it for a long time now, and don't want meds. I have been in Law Enforcement in one way or another for the past twelve years and I am presently unemployed and searching for a new career. Just thought I would say hello and was astonished to learn how many others suffer the symptoms I still fight on a daily basis. Again......Hello and nice to meet you.

Hi Theresa, welcome to the forum. So what your trying to say is, you don't want to know the actual diagnosis with a label?

Theresa I suffered with quite severe PTSD for a long time because I didnt know what was wrong with me and was scared I guess of being clasified as mad or being put in the nut house which happened eventually anyhow.I was a bit like you are now totally against medication.I have been on all types of medication now for almost 7 yrs. The doctors finally came up with a couple that help one for severe depression and one for mood stabilisation and sleep.Both of them help in there own way but they are not the be all and end all.One thing I do know is that if I had this medication long ago when I realised I had a problem but wouldnt admit it I would still most likely be happily married.I believe now that any course of action is worth saving a loved one or partner.I have already stated on this forum that ptsd &lonliness are a terrible combination.Regards Porky Rees

Hello Portabella

welcome to the forum ,,, I hope you find what you need here ,,
I have had PTSD for at least 30 yrs ,,, thats not a badge of any sort ,,
not really knowing , I have bin working on it for 15 yrs but only this last year have I bin on this forum,, when I got away from all drinking and drugs , did I find out I had PTSD and depression ,, then only in this last year did a friend tell me of this site here ,,, it has helped :smile: Beatle

welcome

Hi Theresa, welcome to the forum.. I was a police dispatcher for almost 11 years until I was canned after being diagnosed with PTSD stemming from a fatal police officer shooting.

My Dad and Uncle are both now, and always have been cops.. and now I'm married to one. I'm glad you found this forum.. and I hope you find comfort from us. Its nice, everyone here knows how we feel and what we're going through.

Again.. welcome !! :hello:

welcome Theresa, I'am in EMS and work still everyday is a struggle and I have harder dauy sthan others at work i have suffered for probably 9 years with PTSD and diagnosied in Dec I am on a rollercoaster in life and riding it out, i wish you peace here and an ear to vent on good luck it takes alot to k=make the first step addmitting to yourself congrats

welcome theresa

Hey dont think that this will just get better or go away on its own. in 1986 my family dr. told me he thought i might have p.t.s.d. and i thought that ment i was crazy. im alittle nuts but being in therapy has helped and having the diagnosis realy put my life in order. I think i am on the right track and this site has helped me in the past. so im back and praying mabie i can help someone elce. please do not beat yourself up and take care of You!:thumbs-up

Welcome Theresa, IMACOP. Had PTSD for more than 20yrs. It doesn't matter if you have a label or not. If you don't accept the fact that this cruel, nasty world has had adverse affects on you, you can't get any better. We didn't chose PTSD. All of us here have it. Same symptoms, feelings, funky thoughts, yatta,yatta. Stick around and learn alot about youself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back