• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Just An Update... Both Doing Well

Status
Not open for further replies.

jods

MyPTSD Pro
Hi all,
It's been pretty quiet in here so I'd thought I'd just let you know how we are going.

Hubby just started art classes, which is fantastic. He "found" this new skill while he was in hospital & is really enjoying it. He still has his good & bad days but together we are keeping our heads above water.

Our little boy has just started kindy 1 day a week & loves it (so do I, lol)

I've recently found a new word that I'm starting to use, it's called no. I like using it when those outside our family try & help us or think they are helping us. Let me give you an example, "Hi, we want to come over in 30mins, see you soon". My reply, "Sorry, no you can't come over as we are having a quiet day & really don't want to have guest, I hope you don't mind, maybe some other time."
Ahhh it's nice to say it & not feel guilty doing it!

I'm also starting to find stuff I can do with my new free time while the little one is at kindy, stuff I enjoy & can do on my own for myself.

Well I think I've rambled on long enough. Hope everyone is doing well & taking care of themselves.

Evie told us about the art classes Jodee, I think that is absolutely marvelous! Art is so therapeutic. Big congratulations on the word learning the word "no" as well. Very essential for one's sanity, both inside and out of the home. Delighted you are able to find time for yourself. Thank you for posting your update, it is very quiet in here!

Hi Kathy

Hubby let me drive him to class last night so that was a bonus. (I think it was because it was cold last night, lol)

I'm glad I have some me time now, the only problem is the gym I wanted to join is closed when the little one is at kindy & I dont want to waste money on a membership if I can't use it to its full advantage. So I'll just have to be happy going to for my coffee & cake instead.

Hope you are taking things day by day & being kind to yourself. Big hugs to you.

Good stuff jods... nice to see you take the power and control over your life. We cannot control others, but we can control ourselves and our own lives.... well done. Glad to hear your both doing well though, excellent news.

Thanks Anthony.
I'm slowly retraining myself, baby steps on my part but I think once I get into the swing of things I'll be a lot more user friendly. If those around me outside my 4 walls have a problem with my new "attitude" then they can join the list of others that I have limited contact with. I'm over what other people think of me & what they think is what is best for me. As my wise husband would say, walk a mile in my shoes, then you can tell me what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back