• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Undiagnosed Just been told...didn't realise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Brown

New Here
Hi there, apologies if this seems a bit disjointed but I've been struggling to prioritise my thoughts for some time now. Its not that i can't decide what's most important to do first, it's that I can't decide what's less important...everything gets priority number 1.
I was a project manager for about 10 years working in a number of big organisations on high value, short timescale stuff when one day I was hauled in and (unfairly) blamed for a huge project going even more hugely wrong. I lost it, burst into tears and was off work for a few months. When I got back I found that I was completely blank about how to do my job. It wasn't that I didn't know what project management was, I just couldn't 'fire up' the part of me that functioned to do it. There's also other bits that don't fire up, all of which seem to relate to prioritising and organising. I don't want to fail by starting things and not finishing them, so I tend not to start anything.
It worries me...a lot.
I've been told it could be PTSD so that's why I found this site,,,but I didn't associate workplace stress in an office to PTSD...anyway, I just thought I'd say hello, sorry if I'm in the wrong place. Just exploring my mind!

It’s great to come and talk here. Hope you also find someone that could diagnosis you if that would be at all helpful to you to get even more help. It’s great that you already have insights into how you are functioning and next steps are what to do about it. I hope you find encouragement here.

PTSD requires a certain kind of trauma, ie death/the threat of death, sexual trauma, etc. It sounds like you’re experiencing workplace stress and not PTSD. I advise finding a therapist to help you through this rough time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back