• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Just Found Out My Ex Girlfriend May Have PTSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
ECF, only your ex-girlfriend can answer this for you, and only her words can set you right, for what is, or is not, too be.

My psychiatrist suggests that I come to grips that this relationship is over and focus on dealing with the grief, depression and anxiety it has caused. She hasn't contacted me in close to 2 weeks, so I have to accept reality. It kills me that she is hurting, but like the shrink says, if she doesn't want you in her life and she wants to be apart, you can't force otherwise. So unless she realizes she made a mistake, I am trying my best to live my life.

Mate, your shrink has hit it on the head. You can do so much to try and help those you love, but at some point, you must detach and let them live their own lives, make their own mistakes, and learn for themselves. Yes, it people often hurt others during the process, but it is life, and there is little we can do to change these facts. People must learn for themselves.

I think you have done what you can do, and you have suggestions in this thread for any last attempts at saving your relationship, but if things have just failed, then you do need to come to terms with this and move on with your life. A little you time is needed I think, to get yourself better from these few symptoms you have, and get yourself back on a more positive path to your life. The best thing you have done, is talk about all this, and not keep everything to yourself. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back