• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Just here to find some common stories and feel less alone

• Thread starter Deleted member 50975
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 50975

I think I have PTSD. A therapist has told me I do. Sometimes I'm doubtful -- the definitions of words these days are often expanded beyond reason. I am here to see if anyone else is like me, if I have a right to actually say that the things that happened to me are actually bad enough to cause PTSD or if I am just a loser looking for something external to blame for my problems.

If I'm not allowed to be here because I don't have real PTSD, I won't be offended. I'll just stop logging in and you can delete my account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the community! 😁

If I'm not allowed to be here because I don't have real PTSD, I won't be offended. I'll just stop logging in and you can delete my account.
Whilst PTSD is the reason for this site, and the collective benefit of our shared experience? We’ve never been limited to just people with diagnosed PTSD.

Sufferers, Undiagnosed, Supporters of those who have PTSD, Students, Researchers, Journalists, J. Q. Public… anyone/everyone who wants to learn about PTSD because they have it, think they may have it, love someone who has it, academic / professional / personal interest… all are welcome. <grin> PTSD is what brings us here, but the reasons we’re interested in PTSD are highly varied.

Don’t just take my word for it… check out our Community Constitution

@velmaolden
Welcome to The Forum! I hope you will have success in therapy as you learn to navigate the struggles that we share.

It is a journey that is well worth being as prepared as possible for. I’m glad you found us.

Your introduction has a ptsd ring to it. Your therapist could be on the right track. I have found help and support here and it’s a lonely road so that’s important. You are welcome.

Welcome @velmaolden

It took months of therapy for my T and I to find the trauma, up to then it was an anxiety disorder.

Just because you haven't found trauma doesn't mean you cant be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back