• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Medical Just need to whine a minute

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownLea12

Learning
So I was carrying my 2 year old down the steps on Friday, went to step into the last step and it wasn’t there. Somehow that protective instinct managed to kick in and I was able to twist him away from taking the brunt of the fall. It’s about that time I heard the “pop” of my ankle. Now I am laid up with a broken ankle, a 2 yo and a 5 yo, and a pair of crutches. The rest of my body just hurts from the fall (as the adrenaline wears off, you remember your whole body hit the floor!). And I am out of control and have to depend on my husband to help with getting things done. I am not taking this well.

Wow that's bad. Who took the step away? I'm glad you managed to save your child though so well done for that.

Hope you are able to rest and let your ankle heal though with two young children that's going to be a problem too.

Ouch! Whine away, a good complain helps get stuff off your chest a bit hey? How long will you have the plaster for? Do they still put plasters on?

I have this lovely moon-boot looking thing, I think called a “cam boot.” At least I can take it on and off! And it’s not 90 degrees outside anymore.

@blackemerald1 - I’d love to know who took that last step away and give them a good whack with one of my crutches! ? This is going to be a hard lesson in patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back