• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sexual Assault Just realising it might have been assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Randomgirl

I have recently been realising that an experience I had 10 years ago may have been sexual assault. I was 17 and on holiday with a couple of female friends. We had met a couple of boys on the campsite we were staying on and one of them was able to buy some alcohol. I had not drunk much before and I got very drunk very quickly. We were drinking under a pier when we were joined by two other separate guys. One was older and clearly drunk and he sat next to me with his hand down my skirt, offering to 'touch my bush'. When he left the younger guy sat with me. He just chatted at first and played some music on his phone. Then he offered to give me a massage which seemed odd but harmless at the time. By this time, my friends were wasted and paying no attention to us.

When we moved on from the pier the guy pulled me aside and started kissing me. I told him to stop and that I would tell my boyfriend about it. He continued in spite of this and forced his fingers inside me. Shortly afterwards the elder of the boys we had met at the campsite came over and pulled him off me. I took my two very wasted friends straight back to the campsite and looked after them for the rest of the night. I cried all night, mainly from feeling guilty and afraid.

I told my boyfriend what happened, expecting to be dumped for cheating on him, but he was just concerned I was ok. Despite this I never believed anything wrong had happened to me and didn't talk about it again. I believed that sexual assault only rape and I hadn't felt overly scared or anything at the time.

In the last year, I have come to discover that sexual assault covers much more than this and I have talked to my counsellor about what happened. However, I still don't feel like it really counts a sexual assault and the idea of telling people now when it was so long ago feels really weird. I know that a great many people have experienced worse experiences than this and I don't want to insult anyone or detract from other experiences but I still feel very confused about it all.

I apologise if this is not appropriate for this site, i really don't mean to upset anyone.

Hi Randomgirl. Have a think of how you feel about it. There is no have to with experiences we have. Sometimes we aren't affected by them other times we are. If we are that can be in various ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back