• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Sleep...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellabella44

MyPTSD Pro
Last night I had several nightmares. One of which I woke up screaming ( well in my dream I was anyways). I have been doing you tube meditations for depression lately and it was good to hear it playing still when I woke up from the worst one. I fell asleep again soon after hearing it.

I've been doing this meditation for a while now, so I know it didn't bring on the dreams. Don't know if having something comforting playing at night will help someone else or not, just putting it out there to try.

I've kept music playing softly and that seemed to settle me quickly if I woke up from a nightmare or woke up in panic. But mostly I can't tolerate noise and definitely not screen light still on at night. But in a bad patch, some soft and familiar or soothing music seems helpful in the background if I can go to sleep and keep it going.

Sorry you're having nightmares, but helpful you noticed you could calm down. Letting go of my fear of having nightmares actually helped them pass after a little wave of really disturbing, bloody ones. And the music seemed to help bring my awareness right back to present and "okay" when I woke up...so I wasn't afraid to go back to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back