• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Kathy, You've Made Huge Contributions to This Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

goingonhope

MyPTSD Pro
Kathy,

I just want to take some time now to thank you personally for all of your love, efforts and contributions to this forum.

You have really helped make this forum remarkable and so, so, so helpful & informative for all of us.

I generally don't go into the carers sect., or read much from it, bc I often have lacked time, have read and/or posted too much already prior to and have found myself overwhelmed.

Also, (hard to admit) but I've lacked some interest in this area, bc I've pointed it out to my husb. a couple of times and he's not at all interested, so even when I was fit to read in this area, it tended to end up hurting real bad for me.

Anyhow, this is not why I'm starting this thread.

I have recognize over the wks., maybe mo.'s an accumulation of Wonderfully, Informat. and Knowledg. threads appearing.

Upon absol. urgency, my husb. has read at least a half a dozen of your informat. threads, between the night before last and then tonight. Though he admits he'd still rather not and tonight even stated, that though he cares, he has done what he's done, all "kicking and screaming."- his words.

He did read however, and apparently with some understanding. I read along with him, and I noticed how many angles and areas you've covered and are written so well.

This is why I'm really posting now. To let you know, Kathy that every one of your efforts are seen by all of us, some at different times, and perhaps read at different times and speeds as well; They are so very helpful a contribution to this forum!

Thank you!

, and please forgive me if this causes you any embarrassment, bc I know you haven't asked for, nor probably even desired any of this recognition. But, it there and it's real and it yours.

Love is a response to need. And, all of us here can (and I'm sure have) deeply benefit(ed) from your thoughtful threads and posts.

We don't know one another, nor do we need to, for me to notice you're an amazing woman.

Though I'm mostly overwhelmed and ill as of late, and can not read, nor know the details of what you and your family are presently going through together, I wish all of you and your family, .....back, all the support and love that you've so freely brought us and this forum.

:Hug_emoticon:Now what I hope this thread can become, if it's not too embarrassing and it's alright, is just a chance to simple acknowledge and thank Kathy (if it's there in your heart) for all the love she's quietly given away and spread to so many of us.

Thank you, Kathy!

Sincerely, goingonhope

I couldn't agree more. She's added tremendous amounts to the forum and has been very supportive (for me personally and others.)

bec

Hey great timing for this, its my mother's birthday. I haven't read much of her stuff here, not on here much.. but your right she is an amazing lady.. not that I'm biased or anything haa. Great mother and friend. What amazes me about her, this has been a pretty rough year for her, but she's still giving back to others. Thanks for acknowledging her here, she'll be embarrassed for sure but she'll secretly enjoy it.

I totally agree too. I was thinking the other day how, not so long ago, the carers section was a pretty barren place but now its really thriving. Thanks Kathy, I really appreciate your hard work.

Claire

Yes, I agree too. I noticed carer's section is a very active place, whereas once it wasn't. Well done and thank you for providing information and support to carers...I think it's brilliant! And it also helps us... as for many, members of the carers section are caring for members in the PTSD section... helping both those with PTSD and those caring and supporting those with PTSD is amazing.

With everything you and your family have had to go through, you have remained a solid source of support, encouragement and information to this forum. Life has certainly tested your strength recently, and before, yet you still keep on putting out love, support, and care to others with the same consistency and strength. I don't know how you do it but you are an inspiration.

Thank you.

Thanks Hope for starting this thread. Mum really has worked hard, I don't think many people realize just how many hours she's spent on here trying to help people. Mum lost Brian this year, it's really not that long ago, especially not for a mother to lose their child. Yet she still has time and energy to come on here to give back to others, in spite of her grief. The really awesome thing about Mum too is that what she writes here, she practices in real life. It's easy to write stuff because it's the "right" thing to say or it sounds good or whatever, but it's quite another thing to actually practice what you preach, and Mum does that, definitely!

I don't think Mum or the other editors here really get the credit they deserve. A lot of people just kind of take them for granted it seems. They do a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes that no one sees. Anyways thanks Mum for all you do.

I heartily agree. Kathy, your profession in social work was clearly perfect for you, as your compassion comes across in every post you make. You help people feel cared about. You show many of us how to care for other and for ourselves (taking breaks to look after yourself and your family reminds us it's important to do that!).

Yes, thank you Kathy! What everyone else already said...

Thanks, Hope, for creating this thread. Being in the U.S., I feel like it kind of extends our Thanksgiving observance.

I want to thank you, too, Kathy. I also agree with what everyone else has said. I have found you to be a very comforting, wise, and stable presence on this forum. I know there are times you've apologized for putting on your "Mum" hat, but that is so not necessary for me. I am very grateful for and appreciate all the good Mums to whom I can be exposed! Thank you for your participation here and for being you.

Kathy,

Your contributions to the forum are too many to count. Compassion, love, humor...those are the first ones that come to mind. Others have listed so much of what you've done. But I wanted to add my thanks and echo what others have said. I also wanted to add a personal thanks for you reaching out to me while I waited for the results of my melanoma tests. You offered your time and your shoulder to help me through a rough time. I really appreciate it.

I'm glad you're here.

Hugs
Lisa

Kathy is an amazing woman and I echo all the nice things people have said here. The Carers section has been blessed to have her as a moderator.

I only wish we could give Katht back what she brings here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back