• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Knowing just enough isn’t helping

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBeginnings

MyPTSD Pro
Sorry this is not a nice post. I think sometimes a little knowledge can make things harder. My anxiety is high. On one hand I can’t settle down and on the other I don’t want to do anything I have to do. Is this anxiety? Is this depression? Is this PTSD? Does it even matter? I can’t seems to figure out what is going on but I can be present and in the moment and everything is seemingly ok and then I am thrown back to judgement, self doubt, bad thoughts, poor sleep but feeling so exhausted, and feeling like I am never going to get to a good place. I am irritable, moody, jumpy, and just not nice... I say a little knowledge because it seems like I know enough to know I am challenged with all this stuff yet not enough knowledge to make the yuck go away. Just thought I would put it out there...

I could have written that today.... I know WHY I'm upset and hypervigalant and stressed out and it doesn't do a damn thing towards stopping it. It's like the hamster wheel from hell...round and round and not getting anywhere. I know just enough to get myself in trouble, without knowing enough to get out. I have faith that eventually all the parts will fall into place --- and that's what I keep repeating.

I know its a process and I know it will work because I've talked with others who have already done this. Today is bad. Tomorrow will be a new day - maybe bad..maybe better. But new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back