• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Lack of control

• Thread starter Deleted member 37474
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 37474

Figuring out that my lack of control in a situation is one of my biggest triggers to bad rape flashbacks. Due to recent stuff with my daughter I am finding these to be daily including random feelings like I can't move accompanied with major anxiety stomach/heart racing. (That happens without the visuals). Haven't disassociated, but kind of want to. Is this one of those things that only trauma work will fix? Because that is slow going at the moment.

I feel for you, friend. I think as we progress in therapy, these things subside, but slowly is true. As to wanting to dissociate, I think that might be more wanting to escape from troubling things, rather than specifically wanting to dissociate, but that is just an opinion, I could be way off, just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back