• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Learning to Cope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedy

New Here
Hello. I am a survivor of childhood trauma and I have PTSD which has been flowing like a river I cannot stop after enduring some adult trauma. I attend therapy and recently began EMDR. Also recently completed an IOP program.

Really trying to get better but it seems I am running in place.

Nightmares. Cannot sleep. Flashbacks. Just wondering how long this is going to last?

hello hedy. welcome to the forum. sorry for what brings you here but glad you are here.

i find myself wondering if you are trying too hard. recovery can feel allot like running in place when i am trying too hard. when i can ply radical acceptance and calmly sit with my condition, it becomes much easier to grow the faith that healing really can happen and that i have already gained enough tools, etc., to grow on.

there is no clear beginning or end to these challenges. easy does it. it's not a race or a corporate project with deadlines.

steadying support while you work you own healing path, hedy. welcome aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back