• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Life is not good, so scared

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happyplace76

Confident
Coming up on almost two months since I left. I'm managed to keep us together this lone... but Wednesday I have an eviction hearing - unpaid because of the subsequent traumas like rapid fire didn't stop.

I've spoken to legal aid and some community members. All agree that the landlord is cold and brutal - even rejecting my money when I had it. I'm single mom, I have a twelve year old son and I have no where to go. So after a few days after the hearing (unless the judge does have mercy) I am going to have find us a place to live, broke.

I look back on my life and why the hell was this supposed to happen? Does God not care my son needs home? finish out the school year? I know life isn't fair but this seems like a cruel joke when you've spent your year serving others. I'm 41 and I'm terrified. I don't see a way out of this right now. There's a case manager who knows, but I don't think she knows what to do, I'm losing my hope that there was anything figured out. For once in my life I need to be taken care - I know that sounds weak maybe but honestly just be taken care of. I'm tired of being strong, I'm tired of getting through shit just for more stuff that's really bad that was out of your control... grrrr :(

@Happyplace76 I hope legal aid can assist you. Is your case worker going to be going to the Hearing with you?

You are overwhelmed right now and rightly so. Don't stop trying to do well by your son. If he is the only reason you keep going and working on finding a stable place then let it be the just for that right now. That's enough.

Life can keep heaving crap on you but you are strong enough to work your way through it.

I am thinking of you, :hug:

@Happyplace76 I hope legal aid can assist you. Is your case worker going to be...

Thank you @blackemerald1 - I spoke to an attorney through legal aid, have game me some good advice and defenses that might work, but the office doesn't have enough manpower to represent me. I put in another call to my caseworker and haven't heard back from her. I'm beginning to doubt how much they can help. :( This is like living the other part of the nightmare. Thank you all those who are being supportive.

Ah - so you have some more time to prepare and maybe get your case-worker etc., to go with you? :)...

That's what I'm hoping! Might even be able to contact Legal Aid back and see if they'll represent me now. I was a property manager for over 10 years and have never heard of a continuance on the part of the plaintiff in 20 years. I'm choosing to go with that was God answering my prayer :hug:

And I needed that. I really needed that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you did! I am really pleased for you @Happyplace76 and it sounds like you know exactly what to do with the time. You might really need to let Legal Aid know that you caught a small break and now they really should help you out!

I'm hoping in the meantime things are going to turn around for you and life will not be so dam hard. It is very hard to raise a child, maintain stability and keep a roof over your head. I'm thinking of you. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back