• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Life's joke on me - Riding the PTSD train, and l can't seem to find the exit sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

leggirl

Learning
So new here. Hello to fellow sufferers. I am going thru mobbing, l have been gaslighted, l was stalked for 4 years by a guy l never met. And now l am riding the PTSD train, and l can't seem to find the exit sign.

Running helps. I was in a battered woman state, l suffered thru this for some time. A friend help tweak my reality, and l left the rabbithole finally. But l went thru learned helplessness, something that happens from years of gaslighting.

I now am dealing with nightmares of strange men showing up and l wake up with chills. It's starting to happen nightly, so l searched and joined this forum.

Welcome, @leggirl - good job taking the step to join the forum, and I hope it's helping you find connection and keep yourself out of the rabbit-hole.

Forgive me, because you may have mentioned this elsewhere - how are you doing for support in your day-to-day? Do you have anyone you are talking to/working with, mental-health-wise?

Yes, my guy is a psychiatrist. So he helps out. But sometimes l need to vent - which means not to my friends. And l am doing much better. But it took 5 years to get to where l am at now. And my place is nice, right now l am not having any issues with my place.

It helps to see how others walk the path, so that we don't feel so alone.

And l have plans to move out of the place l live in by next year. 😀

Last edited:
Yes, my guy is a psychiatrist. So he helps out. But sometimes l need to vent - which means not to my friends. And l am doing much better. But it took 5 years to get to where l am at now. And my place is nice, right now l am not having any issues with my place.

It helps to see how others walk the path, so that we don't feel so alone.

And l have plans to move out of the place l live in by next year. 😀
So like two posts ago you said you were living in fear as people were crawling in your attic and crawlspace and the police weren't responding.

Sorry. That was awhile back. But l still suffer PTSD from it. So that's why l joined. I am now in a small place. And it's quiet. I still deal with thoughts of it happening. I debated about antidepressants. But l still haven't had anything prescribed. The police not doing anything was in another state. This didn't happen in the place l am now.

I still have PTSD. I have to deal with this. I do exercise and that has helped alot. But my friend is going to talk about anxiety meds to me. I was on anxiety meds before. So we may revisit that. Thank you for your concerns. I am actually doing better. But sometimes days are good, some days, l step back and refocus on good thoughts.

Sorry if l caused any distress here. Thank you so much for checking with me. I do have a lot of help.

Last edited:
Sorry if l caused any distress here. Thank you so much for checking with me. I do have a lot of help.

if you caused any distress here, that is not yours to sort. we are here to listen. vent freely. vent often.

if you find an exit for the ptsd train, i'll, quietly, from a safe social distance, suspect you of either being a snake oil salesman or having been duped by one. either way, good luck with that. insert mark twain here. "someone who carries a cat by the tail will learn a lesson s/he can learn no other way."

giving up the search for microwave solutions has been my greatest therapy breakthrough. turns out "the hard way" isn't as hard as my habitual resistance to all things weird inspired me think. hunkering down and doing the do worked better than any snake oil or microwave solution i've ever tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back