• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Loneliness - Hubby’s hurting so we all have to hurt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a very lonely day, don’t really want to reach out to family or friends as they don’t understand what life is like and they would worry.
ptsd rules this house and my hubby is having a bad period again, he’s hurting so everyone got to hurt. Kids are in their rooms to avoid the atmosphere yet in reality he’s not left one room all day.
I too have undiagnosed ptsd I have come to realise from various traumatic events in childhood, relationships and illness, my OH likes to use my insecurities as weapons I’ve come to realise. Like today he knows I won’t leave the house, I won’t ring or text to say how isolated I feel. The only good thing is he doesn’t know about this site so I apologise for the offload today 😢

Don't apologize for having your feelings and sharing them here. It's what we do. Because someone will relate. Someone will shake thier head 'yes' as they are reading what you shared.

I hope you can get some help for yourself. It will make a difference and help you to not feel so lonely. We understand and are walking with you on this journey not everyone understands.

Putting on my ModHat 🧢 for a moment... I moved your thread from Social to PTSD Relationships because, Cha. People with PTSD have relationships with others with PTSD and things get complicated managing our own disorder, and life, whilst dealing with theirs.

HOWEVER, if you’d rather this got moved to the Supporter Relationships forum? Just give us a wave, by clicking ‘report’ or using ContactUs, and one of the mods will move it for you.

<changes in phone booth> 😉& back to being just my usual charming self

my OH likes to use my insecurities as weapons I’ve come to realise. Like today he knows I won’t leave the house, I won’t ring or text to say how isolated I feel.
Whilst, sure, knowing that there’s a problem pops up a whole bunch of different long term solutions... is there anything you can do in the interim? Connecting online is job well done! An example of type. Another might be creating some fun-space at home that you might actually want to be in? My exHusband had the amazing ability of Presence to change the tenor of the whole durn house before my kid and I built some Dad-Free-Zones. Sure, it might not be “fair” that we couldn’t be wherever we wanted in our own home... but it was at least effective. Go to spaceA or spaceB, and instantly feel the weight LIFT, and energy/colour/motivation returning shortly thereafter. Like leaving the house without actually leaving the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back