• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Long time suffer, first time poster

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnremarkableOne

Not Active
Hello, you may call me Nehi. Been quietly dealing with PTSD since late 80s and just recently getting help and hoping for some support. Dealing with a lot of health issues; recent sepsis survivor, MS, TBI, OA and handful of other painful conditions. Living 30 years in fight or flight mode wreaks havoc on the body. Not talking about all the multiple traumas made them worse. I've always looked after everyone else and when I needed some reciprocity,(esp talking about the traumas) none was to be found. Was told it was too much and the little I shared were the PG Cliff Notes. Currently working to regain some horrific memories to put a prolific pedophile where he belongs. Doc sent me here to try and find some support in-between the sessions and insomnia. Scary to ask strangers for help but far more if I don't. Not much I haven't either endured myself or helped others through. More than willing to continue the latter here as well. Thank you for taking the time to read my intro.

hello nehi. is it tacky of me to say your name has given me a craving for a soft drink? well. . . at best, it's off topic. welcome to the forum. sorry for what brings you here, but glad you are here.

gentle empathy on the absence of reciprocity on support from the people i give the most and best of my life too. my personal acceptance of that gnarly fact is that loved ones make lousy therapists or even therapy supporters. they are far too involved in my life for the detachment it takes to see the proverbial big picture. i gain far more effective support from anonymous peer groups where the focus is more on the shared problems and solutions than finding socks and daily essentials. within the peer support system, distant anonymous strangers can quickly come to feel like long lost soulmates.

welcome aboard. i hope you find stabilizing companionship here.

Nah, not tacky in the least. Peach nehi is delicious, this terrorist furball, not so much. You mihjy recall Turner and Hooch movie except in mine, she’s a loumouth 42lb terrorist. That's what name made me think of. 42lbs seems like childolay, only to her.

Slowly learned I'm great for asks but the return. It's fine, I get it I suppose. Served me well into the isolated person I've become. Probably the best place to find similar people. Still peeking around and seeing what this place is about. Thank you for the understanding. Hopefully some positives will come of this.

Welcome to the forum
Was told it was too much and the little I shared were the PG Cliff Notes.
ya I totally get this. People don't want to know that scary stuff is real and it happened to someone they know, so they hide their heads in the sand.
Scary to ask strangers for help b
Yep - I was terrified when I first started that the everyone would tell me to stop my lame ass whining and get a life. Happily that isn't how this place works because the people here truly understand 😁

Welcome @Nehi
Scary to ask strangers for help but far more if I don't. Not much I haven't either endured myself or helped others through. More than willing to continue the latter here as well. Thank you for taking the time to read my intro.
It sure is but - this is an amazing helpful community of amazing people.
I have found more practical help for dealing with (and venting) about PTSD than anywhere else. I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back