Look Ma, No Pills!

RussellSue

Not Active
I've been struggling with video camera fears, forever. But I just got through recording a video message for a certain disabilities advocacy organization I want to work with and I didn't take anything for anxiety. Now, I do take Gabapentin for pain and it has an effect on my anxiety but I could not do this in the spring even with the Gabapentin.

I felt like the video went well which was equally amazing to me because I was frustrated with the whole system when I recorded it. I was waiting to talk to a recruiter but kept getting bumped backwards in the virtual line. So, I gave up, took some deep breaths and opted to send a recording, instead.

Even if I never hear back from them, I got a little more practice and I am learning how to better manage my anxiety which thrills me to no end!

Mach123

MyPTSD Pro
Hi congratulations! I don’t take pills because I love pills. I’ve been on lots of psych meds? I think so anyway. I do use marijuana, but that’s all I use. I don’t drink anymore even.

So I don’t like psych meds. I’m not against them, and in certain situations I think they are essential but, if you can get off them it’s really for the good. I applaud anyone trying!

RussellSue

Not Active
Hi congratulations! I don’t take pills because I love pills. I’ve been on lots of psych meds? I think so anyway. I do use marijuana, but that’s all I use. I don’t drink anymore even.

So I don’t like psych meds. I’m not against them, and in certain situations I think they are essential but, if you can get off them it’s really for the good. I applaud anyone trying!
Thanks! I never was a fan of pills, even during my hardest times but with GAD and PTSD, I've always had an emergency pill available. My panic has been known to get way too high to allow a coherent sentence to form and then make its way out of my mouth. Making videos has been a special kind of stupid challenge for me.

I still can't believe I got through that all by myself! I am pretty much in utter shock.