• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Looking for ways to cope and feel more understood about my mental hardships.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasey865

New Here
My name is kassandra and I'm new to this type of chat room in general. But I am loooking for ways to cope and feel more understood about my mental hardships. I am hoping that this site will give me more of the support and understanding I am needing.

I am a survivor to addiction, and have ptsd due to my cousin losing the battle to addiction and committing suicide in front of me 4 years ago. I suffer from night terrors and forming close relationships with others.

My name is kassandra and I'm new to this type of chat room in general. But I am loooking for ways to cope and feel more understood about my mental hardships. I am hoping that this site will give me more of the support and understanding I am needing.

I am a survivor to addiction, and have ptsd due to my cousin losing the battle to addiction and committing suicide in front of me 4 years ago. I suffer from night terrors and forming close relationships with others.
Hello Kassandra, my name is George, and my heart bleeds for you truly. I have lost three friends to suicide, one to overdose and my mother to prescription drug abuse. I am offering you this. be kind, think of what you want most and try to imagine that your cousin most likely wanted a version of that as well. Also, safety feelings grounding checks may help along with a frozen orange. Safety feelings grounding checks I was taught in my recent stay at Sheppard Pratt Trauma Disorder Unit in Maryland. It basically is where you rate your feeling of safety 1-5, 1 being the best and 5 being the worst along with your feelings (Anxious, Angry and so on, and how grounded you feel. They also always gave me a frozen orange to ground me as well. I hope this helps. Blessings upon you I pray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back