1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost another job

Discussion in 'Employment, Education & Disability' started by Eagle3, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Eagle3

Eagle3 Well-Known Member

I knew I wasn't performing well enough, so I turned in my resignation before they could fire me. I scheduled a chat with my boss to discuss some things related to the disability that was causing the most problems (Autism, surprisingly). Turns out I still have EXTREME anxiety about bosses due to all kinds of rejection and neglect trauma! I was so nervous before the meeting I thought I was gonna throw up! I still have such a long way to go...only lasted 9 months at this job, but saw some real progress in my own responses to situations, learned a lot. Also found out how truly debilitating my various issues are.

Now I get to move back to my parents' house (trigger!), and try to find SOME kind of work I can actually do that keeps the bills paid and lets me see my therapist regularly!

Oh, good news on that front. My awesome therapist who was going through throat cancer treatment, is thinking he's going to be on the upswing recovery-wise next week, and is talking about his potential schedule for getting back to work. I'm hoping he'll be seeing clients in person by the time I move back to that city, I want to be FIRST in line to see him again! I know things will be a little different for a while since he's still recovering, and I may not be able to afford to see him that much, but it'll be nice to see him in person again just to work on some serious abandonment issues that came up while he was sick.

I'm also going to be pursuing some kind of public help very strenuously. I didn't realize how truly non-functional I am in the real world, even with all the progress I've made. Looks like freelance work, being severely underemployed, and volunteering are the only ways I'll get out of the hell-hole of religious cultism that is my parents' house.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
Show Sidebar