• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Lost - I feel lately like I lack any optimism at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kristie

I feel lately like I lack any optimism at all. Covid was hard on me mentally as well as many world events that have happened (I live in the province of ns Canada we experienced a mass shooting last year). And now that Covid is finally not my problem inflation has drove through the roof and now I’m struggling to make enough money. I think most people are currently struggling but with my mental health problems I’m feeling very bleak :(

I understand everything you shared. I live in Texas and just this past week we had a slaughter of innocent children in a mass shooting.

I lost my son to suicide a the beginning of 2020 and life as we knew it has gone downhill since. I do understand how you feel.

I know that being an old lady helps me to see the bigger picture. Not just what is going on now. Even tho, like you, I am affected by it. But life has been this way since the beginning of time. Bad times and then good times. Rinse and repeat.

Self care takes precedent when I'm feeling this way. Not every day and not all the time. Sometimes the world is just an ugly place. But we don't have to get lost in the ugliness.

I feel what I need to feel and then find something to do. I try to do positive distraction because if we immerse in what all is happening right now we will drown.

My hope for you is to keep coming here and sharing how you feel. If nothing else to know you are not alone. Sometimes things like this can help us to see what we are really about. What changes we need to make to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

Find some things YOU enjoy. Don't watch the depressing news. A million and one other self care things to do to keep your head above water. Hope you find something to feel hopeful about.

Hi @kristie welcome to the site.

When was the last time you enjoyed doing something? What kinds of things do you enjoy? Maybe something you've done before or maybe it's something you've never tried before.

hello kirstie. welcome to the forum. sorry for what brings you here but glad you are here.

gentle empathy on the covidic confusions. i'm still not properly germaphobic, but the mandate residuals are more confusing than ever. to mask or not to mask. to distance or not to distance. is ^it^ over yet? social distances daunted me **before** the mandated distances. after 2 1/2 years of the new and improved vaguery? ? ? do i even WANT to close the social distance again? then we get to the high price of all that new and improved confusion. if the maskites don't get ya, their taxes will.

sigh. . . thank you for the opportunity to vent.

are we safe yet?

I feel lately like I lack any optimism at all. Covid was hard on me mentally as well as many world events that have happened (I live in the province of ns Canada we experienced a mass shooting last year). And now that Covid is finally not my problem inflation has drove through the roof and now I’m struggling to make enough money. I think most people are currently struggling but with my mental health problems I’m feeling very bleak :(
During COVID, I felt as if everything was grey. I have always experienced a lot of ups and terrifying downs as a survivor of child abuse, but grey and hopeless was new. It lacked the height of the terror, but in its own way was self effacing.

Find something, anything, that brings you joy. That lights you up, whether it is dancing in your home at midnight or taking long walks alone, or something that you can't even tell to another soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back