• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Lost weight due to PTSD....also dizziness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I have lost muscle due to PTSD. It's muscle on my backside.

I was wondering if the PTSD goes dormant - Will I put the muscle back on ? I read somewhere that it's hard to do so but I wanted to hear others experiences.

I've also now got a tear through deformity under my eyes which was never there before, I am on pills that change my hormones, I am wondering if it could go back to normal once the PTSD episode is dormant again and once I have better medication??

Also I have been experiencing dizziness as a part of my ptsd. It is awful.

Does this symptom go away or get better with time?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been experiencing dizziness as a part of my ptsd.
Can you say more about what brings it on? How are you certain it's connected to PTSD?

Also, am wondering about how this connects to PTSD. Have you changed your diet or exercise regimen?

I've merged your two threads, since they are both about specific physical effects of PTSD you are struggling with.

Hi guys,

I was wondering if the PTSD goes dormant - Will I put the muscle back on ? I read somewhere that it's hard to do so but I wanted to hear others experiences.

I've also now got a tear through deformity under my eyes which was never there before, I am on pills that change my hormones, I am wondering if it could go back to normal once the PTSD episode is dormant again and once I have better medication??

Also I have been experiencing dizziness as a part of my ptsd. It is awful.

Does this symptom go away or get better with time?

I believe that once you put your PTSD in check and secure your mental well being that your overall health will improve, yes.

I’m not a professional so I’m not sure entirely

I know that with my CPTSD I have major depression. When it’s triggered I do not eat and do nothing. My overall health declines

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe that once you put your PTSD in check and secure your mental well being that your overall health will improve, yes.

I’m not a professional so I’m not sure entirely

I know that with my CPTSD I have major depression. When it’s triggered I do not eat and do nothing. My overall health declines
Yes. I also lose my appetite and l feel lethargic.

ptsd flares can cause your heart rate to go up and flood ur body with cortisol. this can cause phsyical symptoms, or worsen underlying conditions. singular flares alone may not do enough to worry, but if you experience flares often and feel a corresponding dizziness, u may want to discuss this with a primary doctor if u have one. id reccommend logging what ur doing when u get dizzy, or lethargic. Even if it is related to anxiety, ptsd, and stress, ur body's stress response could also be triggering something like POTs, and getting some physical healthcare on top of mental healthcare WILL help u figure out how u can regain muscle and improve ur dizziness. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back