• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

LSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

dug

Not Active
Im wondering the thoughts of others , I took 2 hits one night and few days later took 6 hits , the reason for this was not to be cool (i was in college) , granted i probably looked "cool" to the others , I climbed the rain gutter to the top of the A dorm (evergreen state college) and pulled myself onto the roof , don't remember what we did up there , there was several of us , but I do remember witnessing the most gorgeous sunrise ever , Mt Rainer . Anyway, my theory was to go back , back where? I smoked some weed , i think it was laced with something , its like my whole reality and everything id ever done before that vanished , i was different after that day , i think i was a sophomore in high school , i was a junior (or whatever they call it at evergreen) the first trip went so smooth , i figured why not go for broke. but it didn't take me back , i don't know where it took me , like a time machine I've never gone back or can ,

I used to take a lot of drugs like LSD, ketamine, ghb. All with the view to block out reality. Live in another world.
It works, until it stops working. Until I realised the impact it had on my life. Until I realised, and finally cared, about how others saw me ("a druggie"). Until the highs are harder to reach and the lows are longer and everything is no longer worth it.

Drugs to block out or try or to try and feel 'something' is not the solution, as tempting as it is. It just adds to the underlying problems. And masks them.

There can be similar sense of enlightenment through psychological healing. (or at least so I am told. Ha!)..

Reactions: dug
For a few years my pattern was to work a job overseas somewhere for a few weeks/months (until it wrapped up, or on occasion where I broke myself or got pissed off), party for a few weeks/months (until that got boring), and then go surf &/or just live on the beach for a few weeks/months (until I felt like people &/or trying out the whole life & living thing, again). Then I’d grab another job, party, ocean. Work, party, ocean. Work party ocean. Rinse, lather, repeat.

My party phase was mostly Ecstasy & variants including straight MDA & MDMA, as well as LSD, Psilocybin, Mescaline, Peyote, etc. Hallucinogins and I get along quite well. Haven’t tripped in 20 years now, though. There were also the bouts of grief & lost months to opium, and miscellaneous other things. I’m ADHD so stimulants just make me very “normal”, which to be fair, was appealing when I was attempting to break away from working jobs I didn’t expect to live through into something more sustainable. Shrug. Again, been over 20 years. I was very… wild… during my hard years, before I had kids. Hungry. With no natural stop reflex or inhibitions, or hell, maybe I had one once, but I broke it. Sex, drugs, drinking, fighting, sleeping, taking off for parts unknown. I wanted to do it? I did it. Forrest Gump holds a special place in my heart. If I was hungry? I ate. If I was tired? I slept. If I had to go? I went.

10 years ago, when things got bad, again… I was climbing the walls with wanting to go back to my feral-phase, to raise some hell if not sort some shit… but I had responsibilities I couldn’t walk away from. So I didn’t. Lon story short. And don’t know if I’d have had a wildly different experience, or not.

I do know, that chasing any particular high? Almost never works, unless one is looking to end up in a 12 step program. Never walk in the same river twice, kind of thing.

Wow, thats what i did, i thought if i settled down the urge would end , but it didnt, im not bragging just to be clear, lots of hits of lsd ,mushrooms ( which actually i liked the best) , but i was a sex hound as well, it may sound fictitcious to people especisly who never served in the military or orient in particular, but my conservative account of times is near 700 women, i could do the math for ya but a later time, bottom line is when i was in the Marines i made about $300-500/month , it was spent on Cigarettes, booze and women, and i should say abused in all three, it kept sane , i guess, something was wro g way back then even, i eneded up in drug and alcohol hospital or get booted , i had a affection issue apparently as i was ordered to hug 100 people a day, well theres alot hotties in the hospital

Lemmy from motorhead said that "LSD made him into a better person". I feel the same way. I took acid and mushrooms quite a few times when I was a kid and young adult and I had a great time. Too much of anything will have consequences but now and again is fine.

but i was a sex hound as well, it may sound fictitcious to people especisly who never served in the military
LMFAO… Man, I stopped counting the moment I discovered f*ckbuddies.

It would be like counting how many bonfires I’ve gone to, or driving in the rain, or running at dawn. Indivudal moments stand out, not the number.

Never met a civvie who could manage it, mores the pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back