• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

m1's Mental Imagery

Status
Not open for further replies.

-m1-

New Here
This is an imaginery journey down a road. Take in the sights, sounds and colours, just like a video camera recording all that lies surrounding you. Survey the scene, noticing whatis far off in the distance, the background surrounds, the weather, the season and a total image of what you view. Feel the ground beneath your feet. Try to visualize it as a picture on a canvas, but with movement, sound, colour and emotion. You are the surveyor on this journey. Draw your journey on paper if you desire, as it often shows clearer results, then attach your drawing via snapshot or scan to your post.

Q1. What colour is the road?
-Mottled grey

Q2. What texture is the road?
-gravel... like pea gravel

Q3. How solid is the road?
-solid foundation, but slippery/slidey from the gravel

You continue walking and come to a river that must be crossed. There before you is the river; the size and depth are up to you. You cannot go around it but must imagine a way to cross it. Whatever you need to cross the river is already within your mind, just imagine seeing yourself do it.

Q4. How do you cross the river?
-a canoe

Q5. What does the water look like?
- midnight blue... almost black at first glance

Q6. How fast is the water current?
- there is none. It is like glass on the surface

Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what?
- there is. lots of things like water mocassin snakes and water plants and eels, but they are below the surface. I can't see them but I know they are there.

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house?
- peach/pink stucco

Q9. What condition is the house in?
- very good condition... almost pristine

Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who?
- An elderly native american woman. Grey shot through her long thick ponytail. Weathered face, but calm wise eyes. She's wearing a gingham apron. I have no idea who she is.

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup?
- Silver (pewter actually... it's made of metal)

Q12. What condition is the cup in?
- Dented, scarred, used. Still usable but full of "use and character"

Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what?
- Sediment. Like windblown dirt inside

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail?
- Huge redwood tree lying across the road. I mean huge. Like, you can't just scale it without a ladder or climbing gear.

Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle?
- just the road. pea-gravel road. With gorgeous forest on either side of the road... a pale blue sky, but front and center is the road as far as my eyes can see.

Q1. What colour is the road?
-Mottled grey
Q2. What texture is the road?
-gravel... like pea gravel
Q3. How solid is the road?
-solid foundation, but slippery/slidey from the gravel

Kind of ambiguos .... road is not white or black... not smooth but not exceptionally bumpy, not set up for sure footing but not super-trecherous. Seems like it's all sorta this and sorta that and not an extreme of anything.

Q4. How do you cross the river?
-a canoe
Q5. What does the water look like?
- midnight blue... almost black at first glance
Q6. How fast is the water current?
- there is none. It is like glass on the surface
Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what?
- there is. lots of things like water mocassin snakes and water plants and eels, but they are below the surface. I can't see them but I know they are there.

Small boat.... not necessarily the most "stable" vessel. Things seem calm on the surface of everything but there is a subconscious knowledge that beneath the calm water is a LOT of bad things. So I am in a somewhat unstable boat trying to cross waters that I am am terrified of falling into.... stressful feeling... but challenging. Like skydiving or something... Sorry if this makes no sense.

Q8. What colour is the house?
- peach/pink stucco
Q9. What condition is the house in?
- very good condition... almost pristine
Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who?
- An elderly native american woman. Grey shot through her long thick ponytail. Weathered face, but calm wise eyes. She's wearing a gingham apron. I have no idea who she is.

The house I see is actually a real house I saw once. I was driving through New Mexico... through a barren desert area miles outside a reservation area... and I came upon these little adobe houses in pastel colors and I remembering what a paradox it was seeing these little cheerful tiny houses in the middle of such a barren, inhospitible geography. Like little bits of beauty in an otherwise really depressing landscape. I don't know why the pink/peach house stuck with me. I generally can't stand really feminine colors like peach and pink? I haven't a clue what the elderly Indian woman represents. I never saw anyone like that out there.

Q11. What colour is the cup?
- Silver (pewter actually... it's made of metal)
Q12. What condition is the cup in?
- Dented, scarred, used. Still usable but full of "use and character"
Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what?
- Sediment. Like windblown dirt inside

I guess that would be me.... that cup.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail?
- Huge redwood tree lying across the road. I mean huge. Like, you can't just scale it without a ladder or climbing gear.
Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle?
- just the road. pea-gravel road. With gorgeous forest on either side of the road... a pale blue sky, but front and center is the road as far as my eyes can see.

I don't know what what the answer to Q14 means. The tree was pretty... redwoods are goregous and so impossibly huge. It was lying on its side tho so it was uprooted... which means it's dying or in the process of dying.

As for Q15 .... I suppose it means I have a long way to go to sort all my stuff out. I'm not sure what the significance is of either side of the road being a pretty forest. Maybe I should get off the road and hit the forest?

I don't really know.

m1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back