• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Major Stress Over Birthdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheree71

New Here
I absolutely hate birthdays, and it has very little to do with getting older. It is the fact that I have got through another year with this crap and have another one to face. Yes, I could be optomistic and say that this would be a reason to celebrate. But I just can't seet that way. Does anyone else feel this way? :dont-know

I just dont celebrate mine any more. i try to take one day at a time i cant think about a year at a time. I love my grandsons birthdays. its great watching him grow up.

Like Linda, I'm not fond of birthdays since I turned 20 either ! I'm only 21 now, but I hate getting older and feeling further away from the youth I missed out on. I think also find birthdays difficult because it was so close to one of my trauma's, though.

I must say, I love birthdays... presents, party, hell... just get to be spoilt for the day is good enough for me.

At age 55, I can't say I stress about birthdays anymore, although I did when I was younger. It seems to be more a worry of younger people. Now I'm just happy to be healthy and hope to have many more years of health and happiness with my family. Parties and presents are always nice too.

i love to do "birthdays" for my kids, i don't make a big deal about my own. at 49, i am well aware of getting older, but i don't mind getting older, it's time,lol.
i have actually forgotten my own birthday a couple times. i don't need parties, but a little chocolate is always welcome.
cathy

Mine is in a week. I don't like them simply as I am very uncomfortable receiving gifts. Not sure why I am like that as my younger son is the same way about gifts. He used to get angry at Christmas and birthdays for receiving presents and it was hard to get him to pick something at a toy store.

But as to having another year of this. I see I am getting closer to healing. I am learning my limits and how to push them. Where to push and where not too. It is another year closer to learning to live my life to the fullest I can for me.

Mine is in a week, too. I'll be 39 and as I've told my husband, that means now I'm in my extreme late, late early 30's. LOL

The only thing I really want for my birthdays anymore is a hug, kiss and a 'happy birthday' from my family. Other than that (and maybe a little cheesecake *grin*) my birthday is just another day.

But I do love my kid's birthdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back