• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like These - Car Accidents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlene

MyPTSD Pro
My husband was later getting home than he said. So I called his cell phone to see what was up. He had an accident.

Seems the driver in the car in front of him decided to do that last minute 'OMG, I need to make a left turn right NOW' and my husband had to swerve to keep from hitting him. Well, the road was wet, he ended up on a soft shoulder, lost traction and his right front fender slammed into a tree. The other driver never stopped...probably never looked in his rear view mirror.

He bit the hell out of his tongue, his forehead must have hit the underside of the rearview mirror because it's all scrapped up. His glasses are broken. And he jammed his knee into the dashboard. Of course it's the knee he recently had third degree burns/skin grafts on. Thank goodness he was wearing his seatbelt! He's going to be one hurting puppie in the morning.

The insurance company is getting his truck taken to a repair shop and getting him a rental on Monday. At least paying premiums out the whazoo gets you something. LOL

I'm just glad he's ok. I thought I was going to wear a hole in the carpet pacing the living room waiting for him to get home (the accident happened about 30 minutes from the house).

Some days...

I am so happy he is OK... The wait I understand. I talked to hubs as he was "walking out the door" from his parents. A 15 minute drive and hour later no cell being answered I was scared. I was lucky. I am so sorry y'all have to go through that. That is just way too much after everything else. I am glad it was relativly minor. You both need some rest and a break!

Thanks, guys. I SWORE that 2007 would be better than 2006! *sigh* Not the most auspicious of beginnings. LOL But it's like when he got burned in November...it could have been so much worse and I'm so glad he's safe.

BTW-Vieled, I agree 100%! I'd like to be somewhere warm with sand between my toes and no worries. Unfortunately, reality is I'm getting ready to do my bills and it's a cold, yucky morning.

Ranger-you and me both!

Hi Marlene, Jings that must have been an awful fright for you, did your hubbie get the registration number of the other car, I think that the cops might want a wee word with the other driver. Glad he's safe and well. Hey Marlene, I always thought that it was always warm in Florida.
Scott:hello:

He didn't get the license plate number of the other driver...too busy watching the tree come at him. He said even though it only took a couple of seconds for the accident, time slowed down and he was amazed at the number of times he could say 'oh shit!' before impact. LOL

BTW-we get a couple of cold (to us-cool to northern states) months of weather here. By the end of February, it will be back to being beautifully warm again.

We get frost occasionally, but the last time it snowed (about and inch of snow) was 76 or 77. Shut the whole damn place down, according to my hubby and his family. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back