• All donations and upgrades are manually verified and approved within 24hrs.
  • Upgrades are ongoing. Learn how to save your bookmarked posts.

Masters Degree Completed

Thread starter #1
It's hard to believe it's been a little over a month since I graduated with my masters. With the pandemic, I was fortunate that my internship placement simply transferred to teletherapy. Several of my classmates had their internships abruptly cancelled in March and were left scrambling to complete their learning contracts.

When I went back to school in 2015, I had some college credits but no college degree. I hadn't been in a classroom in 22 years. It's been a whirlwind, with only a year off between the bachelors and masters. Now, I am ready for a break from school. There is so much more I want to learn, so many books I want to read. I figure I can fulfill my desire to keep learning in that way. Plus, I will have to continue to get CEs to maintain my license. And there is also 4000 hours of supervised practice to log before I get my full license.

Of course, there is a new program here that would allow me to get my DNP, enabling me to both prescribe meds and do therapy. It's tempting, but I want to wait a couple years and see if I really want to do this. I have a history of using the process of staying extremely busy to avoid emotions and feeling. I want to make sure I'm not not using education to serve that same purpose.

Top Bottom