• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Mdma Shifts To Phase 3 Clinical Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

anthony

Founder
Researchers have for years been looking at how the drug could be used in conjunction with therapy to help sufferers confront their trauma.

Now the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved it for use in a phase-three clinical trial — the final stage of research required before it can be considered for approval as a prescription drug.

So, what exactly is MDMA, what will the clinical trial involve and what implications might it have for sufferers in Australia?

Dead Link Removed

Surprisingly I haven't looked at this in detail before and I have to say I think it might work for me. I am at a point where I would need therapy if I am to do more actual work on trauma and am very closed off and very unable to trust a therapist and let them in. Old habits die hard, I have been using online as a type of exposure therapy (talking) and have improved but taking that next step still feels impossible. Just used to doing things on my own.

With this that wouldn't be wise. Even the way the sessions are structured would possibly suit me. It takes a lot of time to start opening up and the usual 1 hr once a week means the whole session is used up that way,

Don't like drugs (a tiny bit phobic about them) but will keep an eye on this.

Maybe you should enquire for trial participation @Abstract, as it has remarkable results... around 80% full recovery and significant gains for those of us in the more severe / complex ranges. Cuts straight through exactly what you're outlining...

Thanks @anthony. I'm going to look into it more. A bit taken aback as I had no idea this is how it worked. It hits on the main obstacles stopping me getting treatment. I am also much more stable and have less dissociation so that should help me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back