• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Medical cannabis now available in the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Man

Learning
I know the GP pharmacies and Dr practice are currently training in this. Ironically its manufactured in the UK and is low cost, so can't see there being a postcode lottery with this. But GPs are super busy, and MS was the initial trial in the UK, but there is a big body of evidence that it helps with CPTSD, mainly Anxiety and rumination. I expect this will only be available to those with a long history of MS or SP or PTSD. I would imagine the NHS is concerned about drug store cowboys, so it will be strictly limited and I had to jump through hoops to just get a consultation.

I can say from personal experience, this has been a god send. Its not a cure, but if you need a break from exhausting Anxiety, or even a reason to go on, this has been it for me. You will probably have to approach your GP, I doubt they will promote this. The benefit of medical cannabis, is that it minimises many of the concerns over cannabis, it controls the mix of CBO and THC. Cannabis is oil soluble so sticks in your lungs longer than water soluble things like tobacco, so good if you're asthmatic. If you have bi-polar or are under 21, read the warnings.

I know the GP pharmacies and Dr practice are currently training in this. Ironically its manufactured in the UK and is low cost, so can't see there being a postcode lottery with this. But GPs are super busy, and MS was the initial trial in the UK, but there is a big body of evidence that it helps with CPTSD, mainly Anxiety and rumination. I expect this will only be available to those with a long history of MS or SP or PTSD. I would imagine the NHS is concerned about drug store cowboys, so it will be strictly limited and I had to jump through hoops to just get a consultation.

I can say from personal experience, this has been a god send. Its not a cure, but if you need a break from exhausting Anxiety, or even a reason to go on, this has been it for me. You will probably have to approach your GP, I doubt they will promote this. The benefit of medical cannabis, is that it minimises many of the concerns over cannabis, it controls the mix of CBO and THC. Cannabis is oil soluble so sticks in your lungs longer than water soluble things like tobacco, so good if you're asthmatic. If you have bi-polar or are under 21, read the warnings.
Hiya!... I had no idea medical cannabis was becoming legal in uk, I think it would be a very good idea, (Canada just did it). Do you mind if I ask where you found out?

Hiya!... I had no idea medical cannabis was becoming legal in uk, I think it would be a very good idea, (Canada just did it). Do you mind if I ask where you found out?
Don't mind at all. It ran in three national newspapers (google the news). I then rang my local GP who sternly told me off, because its illegal. I've worked within the NHS, so I know they hide new stuff as new = more risk and extra training. Also C-PTSD isn't recognised by the NHS, mainly because they can't afford to give more than 12 sessions of CBT, and C-PTSD laid over 16 years of your childhood, need years of CBT. But the NHS is pragmatic, and is aware cannabis helps PTSD , so this is why I though advertising here might help, because some surgeries will throw up smoke screens, like "waiting lists" or "post code lottery". The NHS, like any government body, its customer is the government first, staff second and patients last. That seems to hold true for government organisations in most countries. So I guess I'm saying you will need to ask for it. Its a low cost drug, so I can't see any legitimate reason for denying someone with MS, or CP or PTSD.

Don't mind at all. It ran in three national newspapers (google the news). I then rang my local GP who sternly told me off, because its illegal. I've worked within the NHS, so I know they hide new stuff as new = more risk and extra training. Also C-PTSD isn't recognised by the NHS, mainly because they can't afford to give more than 12 sessions of CBT, and C-PTSD laid over 16 years of your childhood, need years of CBT. But the NHS is pragmatic, and is aware cannabis helps PTSD , so this is why I though advertising here might help, because some surgeries will throw up smoke screens, like "waiting lists" or "post code lottery". The NHS, like any government body, its customer is the government first, staff second and patients last. That seems to hold true for government organisations in most countries. So I guess I'm saying you will need to ask for it. Its a low cost drug, so I can't see any legitimate reason for denying someone with MS, or CP or PTSD.
Ok, got it and thanks. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back