• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Medication to help with breathing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

My doctor prescribed a reliever inhaler (ventolin) and a preventer inhaler (clenyl modulite.)

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these and have they helped the breathing rate at all?

Is there a medication that stabilises the breathing rate ? If so I could do with some but I'm just wondering...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. Benzos. But they're crazy addictive, and very quickly, you'll lose your ability to breathe in a stable way without them, in increasing large doses. Nothing beats practicing it yourself.

Mod Note:
@needingamiracle I've merged the 2 threads you've got on medication for breathing so that the conversation is in one space. If you have any questions, shoot us a message at Contact Us.

Last edited:
I have COPD and sleep apnea so I use several medications such as a Ventolin inhaler, a Trelegy inhaler, and a CPAP and oxygen machine at night.

For anxiety that causes breathlessness:

I recall the sound of the ebb and flow of the ocean tide, ...in and out to the count of four. (Inhale to the count of 4 then hold for a count of four, exhale for the count of four, then hold again for the count of four. Repeat. This was discovered by accident, but it seems to help me a lot with shortness of breath due to high anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back